• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Virgins in Heaven for Suicide bombers

A man dies goes, to the Pearly Gates," meets St.Peter,is just handed in his entrance
exam papers,St.Pete says to him "by the way ,would you be interested in 72 virgins
we have a huge surplus"?."but " says the man,"I am a christian,I thought they were
only for Muslim martyrs","they are" answers St.Peter"but you would not believe the
shape those guys show up in".
Not very good at dialogue punctuation,but I think you get the idea.
                                                  Regards

But the Hamas spokesman correctly uses the word martyr (shahid) and not suicide bomber, since those who blow themselves up almost daily in Israel and those who died on September 11 were dying in the noblest of all causes, Jihad, which is an incumbent religious duty, established in the Koran and in the Traditions as a divine institution, and enjoined for the purpose of advancing Islam. While suicide is forbidden, martyrdom is everywhere praised, welcomed, and urged: "By the Being in Whose Hand is my life, I love that I should be killed in the way of Allah; then I should be brought back to life and be killed again in His way..."; "The Prophet said, 'Nobody who enters Paradise will ever like to return to this world even if he were offered everything, except the martyr who will desire to return to this world and be killed 10 times for the sake of the great honour that has been bestowed upon him'." [Sahih Muslim, chapters 781, 782, The Merit of Jihad and the Merit of Martyrdom.]

What of the rewards in paradise? The Islamic paradise is described in great sensual detail in the Koran and the Traditions; for instance, Koran sura 56 verses 12 -40 ; sura 55 verses 54-56 ; sura 76 verses 12-22. I shall quote the celebrated Penguin translation by NJ Dawood of sura 56 verses 12- 39: "They shall recline on jewelled couches face to face, and there shall wait on them immortal youths with bowls and ewers and a cup of purest wine (that will neither pain their heads nor take away their reason); with fruits of their own choice and flesh of fowls that they relish. And theirs shall be the dark-eyed houris, chaste as hidden pearls: a guerdon for their deeds... We created the houris and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand..." (http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,2763,631357,00.html)

Edit to add:"Do Female Suicide Bombers Get 72 Virgins, Too?"

3rd Herd said:

In Islam, the ḥūr or ḥūrīyah (Arabic: حورية‎) are described as "(splendid)[1] companions of equal age (well-matched)[2]", "lovely eyed"[3], of "modest gaze"[4], "voluptuous",[5] "pure beings" or "companions pure" of paradise, denoting humans and jinns who enter paradise after being recreated anew in the hereafter.[6] There are graphical descriptions of physical pleasures in heaven, but also clear references to a greater joy that exceeds the pleasures of flesh: the acceptance from God, or good pleasure of God (ridwan) (see 9:72). Islam also has a strong mystical tradition which places these heavenly delights in the context of the ecstatic awareness of God.[7]
Link

That could be a male or female....but everything I have read emphasizes them being male.

"Suicide terror, like other types of terror, is not a new phenomenon in human history. It existed among Moslem Hashishiyun in the eleventh century and various groups in Asia during the eighteenth century. In the twentieth century, suicide attacks occur in many regions of the world, including Hizballah in Lebanon, the Tamil Tigers (LTTE) in Sri-Lanka, the Kurdish Workers Party (PKK) in Turkey, the Jama’a El Islamia (IG) in Egypt, the Chechens in Russia, the Jaish Mohammad in India, and suicide attacks by organizations in Iraq following the fall of Saddam Hussein

In an interview with a would-be suicide terrorist, he described his preparation: ‘‘In the spring of 1993, I began to pester our military leaders to let me carry out an operation. It was around the time of the Oslo accords, and it was quiet, too quiet. I wanted to carry out an operation that would incite others to do the same.’’ He continued, ‘‘We were in a constant state of worship. We told each other that if the Israelis only knew how joyful we were, they would whip us to death! Those were the happiest days of my life. The power of the spirit pulls us upward, while the power of material things pulls us downward,’’ he said. ‘‘Someone bent on martyrdom becomes immune to the material pull. Our planner asked, ‘What if the operation fails’’’? We answered, ‘‘In any case, we get to meet the Prophet and his companions, inshallah. We were floating, swimming in the feeling that we were about to enter eternity. We had no doubts. We took an oath on the Koran, in the presence of Allah—a pledge not to waver.’

Source:

KIMHI, SHAUL  "Who Are the Palestinian Suicide Bombers?" Terrorism and Political Violence, Vol.16, No.4 (Winter 2004), pp.815–840

about a suicide bomber that dosent kill anyone he's the one who gets the figs but the one who kills people he gets the virgins

Back