• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vietnam war, show

cgyflames01

Inactive
Reaction score
Late the other night I saw this T.V show, from late 80's or early 90's. It took place during the vietnam war, and was very realistic. It had names like sgt Anderson, Percell, and Lt. Goldman, but I never got the name. It was a sweet show, and like to find out more, anyone heard of it???
Ohh and its not China Beach!!!!

Ya, I remember that one! Paint It Black by the Stones was the theme song. It went on for about 3 seasons, and the first season was the best.

It was called Tour of Duty.

Cheers,

Wes

Its on every night at 23:00? here on the left coast.
Its a old T.V. Show.

Ya if it was on History it would be Tour of Duty, we get it at like 2 am here :mad:

I while back the History channel used to run the show everyday when I came home from school. That was like a year and a half ago and I was in grade 11. Must have seen the series twice through before History begun running it late at night. I think that since Tour of Duty has been run so much, it's probably
soon to be discontinued. Kinda like the old show "Combat" that used to be run on the His. channel.
Also would anybody agree that in the later episodes of T of D, that it became a little bit unrealistic when the squad was transferred to S.O.G.?

That show has been around for quite some time...Kind of TV answer to the movie "Platoon" I think. I remember watching it back when I was 18 or so years old (the 80's!)

Haven't seen it in awhile now though...

Slim

Definately Tour of Duty. I heard it was being released on DVD soon .. haven't heard anymore of that though, although it would make me pretty happy.

Hopefully you can watch the entire season, the series is pretty good.

Yes, it is definitely Tour of Duty.  ToD tanked after the main characters were moved to Saigon in an effort to get female viewers.  ::)  Female characters were introduced to the show and it really stopped working.  I read an interview in VIETNAM Magazine with some of the producers and advisors; there was a lot of research put into the show.  Then the morons at the network decided it needed to appeal to a wider demographic.  Idiots.

The earlier episodes of the series, especially ones for example where Anderson adopted "baby Jud" or where Taylor was captured by the NVA, had a much more war like and "viet nam" era feel to it, and also seemed much more serious. As you said though later when Saigon came into the picture and they introduced the female characters more and more it lost that sense.. it was still a good show in my opinion but it lost that unique feel to it and became just another mainstream war show.

Aahh Tour of Duty. The only show to be able to fully portray those 1000 rd magazines I've been looking for :dontpanic:

Great show though, I used to watch it everyday while I was waiting for course in Meaford. Holding Platoon Hooah!

I also enjoy that show.  Too bad it's on at 2:00am

http://www.tvtome.com/TourofDuty/

This site says that Season 1 was released on DVD on Dec. 28th 2004 and Season 2 will be released on June 8th 2004. :D

Yeah how come when ever they had a new guy he only lasted one episode.

When they had that guy from reservoir dogs (michael madesen I think is his name) as a sniper I thought the show was gonna be good because I really liked that guy.   I mean he hated that pilot (just like me) and shot at him ( :salute:) but then that jerk zeke had to come by and shoot him in a chessy barrel roll,   then it hit me theese 6 nerds are gonna be on for the rest of the series because they kill off all the cool people.

I like how they use that one airstrike shot over and over as well.

Back