• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Video Canadians Under Fire

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
The description says the video is of Marines under fire,but I could make out the Canadian flag on the uniform. I dont know how old the video is but its worth a look I think.

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/38274/Siah_Choy_Firefight_pt.1__with_Marine_WIA/

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/38275/Siah_Choy_Firefight_pt.2__with_Marine_WIA/

Thats what I get for not having the sound on while watching it.  ;D

Don't all American tourists pretend to be Canadians when they are traveling abroad? ;D

Yep its easy to pass for a Canadian just learn to add "eh" at the end of every sentence. ;D

tomahawk6 said:
Yep its easy to pass for a Canadian just learn to add "eh" at the end of every sentence. ;D

Oh.....I get it now (oooohhh....am I ever gonna).....so "eh" is Canadian and "duh" is American?  ;D

medicineman said:
Sounds like they're VanDoos - they've encrypted their speech  >:D.

MM

ROFL!!

And to the friend who modified this thread just now... Thanks!

A good video to show junior leadership candidates.

1.  One soldier pops up and fires 16 rounds from his rifle in the span of a few seconds.  What was he trying to hit?  I guarantee you he didn't hit it.

2.  Soldiers running around and fighting with no PPE (noticed someone hands the guy his helmet at some point).

3.  Soldiers bunched up.

4.  An ammo cas is called.

5.  A GRIT is given.

tomahawk6 said:

If your from Minnesota, you will probably very easily pass for a Canadian, from the west coast anyway.

Great video, shaking a bit after I watched that.

That is a loooong contact. Stuff I ran into was nowhere near that duration. 

A bit shocked to see guys moving around with no helmets. Plus the fellow with no helmet walking around with no weapon. Was he in shock or injured?

The guns were really close by too.  Very short time of flight from shot to splash.

Definitely not Americans. These are obviously Canadians. Either that or the Marines used to recruit French speaking Quebeckers.

In either case.  :salute:

matthew1786 said:
Definitely not Americans. These are obviously Canadians. Either that or the Marines used to recruit French speaking Quebeckers.

In either case.  :salute:

Yeah, we figured that out about a month ago  ;D

MM

Just before the first ROTO of the Van-doos, a friend of mine with no military experience asked me if the people over there would notice any difference from the PPCLI's they were relieving. I told him the locals would find the Van-doos three to four inches shorter on average and much more "religious" than the Pats. :)

P.s.: Van-doos don't need helmets - their brains are encased in a mother issued bone made cranium. ;)

Awesome video though.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
P.s.: Van-doos don't need helmets - their brains are encased in a mother issued bone made cranium. ;)
Awesome video though.

They have brains??!! 

Just kidding...kinda sorta  ;D

Back