• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vernon Army Cadet Summer Training Centre

Back then it was VACC (Vernon Army Cadet Camp)

1982 F-Coy (JL - 2 Weeks)  - BCR
1984 A-Coy 3 Plt (CLI)  - BCR
1986 Staff F-Coy  - RWestmr R

And then...
1990 BTT Infantry (RWestmrR)

Jesus christ it is joe gagne....didn't think I would hear from you for another year! Well it pretty much has been I guess.
How's it going? It's me, Nguyen, Frank Daniel from 2 platoon '04 (same platoon as you in '03).

Let's  see, I was in Vernon a few times:

1976  A - Coy JL
1977  C- Coy CL
1979  J Coy and K Coy Platoon Warrant (Reserve Call-out in those days)
1983  D - Coy (CL) Pl Commander
1984  ADMO Adv Trg
1985  A - Coy (CLI) 1 Pl Commander
1986  D - Coy 2iC
1987  B - Coy 2iC

My last summer there was my best one, and the others were great as well.  Missed a couple of years for CFE and Basic Para and Summer Piping School in 1978.  :warstory:

I did C coy with the rebellious 16 plt in 2002
Man that was a good summer
does anyone remember when the water in the waterfountain in town turned red

and I got a question for anyone who might know
it seemed like the year i got there painting the cannon was outlawed and not just frowned apon why was this ?
and when did they start getting strict on it
it seemed like a very strong tradition at Vernon, and thats one of the reasons i wanted to go

I know this is off topic to this topic, however does anyone know if I can go to army cadet courses. I am an air cadet, I applied for ITRCC(Introduction to Rifle Coach Course) this summer at Connaught, Ottawa. What are some senior courses for Army Cadets training, are they possible if I can attend. Slim chances are not much of a problem for me, it is still worth a try.

Thank you!

sixzeroalpha said:
I did C coy with the rebellious 16 plt in 2002
Man that was a good summer
does anyone remember when the water in the waterfountain in town turned red

and I got a question for anyone who might know
it seemed like the year i got there painting the cannon was outlawed and not just frowned apon why was this ?
and when did they start getting strict on it
it seemed like a very strong tradition at Vernon, and thats one of the reasons i wanted to go

I was in Charlie Company in 2001, and I believe that was the last summer that cadets painted the cannon. I remember coming back for D&C in 2002 and them being very strict about not painting it anymore. I am not sure why this changed, but I know that they did strip the cannon down and re-finish it to make it nice again, as well as add a little plaque with some biography about it in front of it.

Ahh..good ol Vernon. Many fond memories there. That place was definitely my home away from home while I was a cadet. Unfortunately I am too old for another summer there.  :(  I will miss that place!!

2000- Basic - Foxtrot
2001- CL - Charlie
2002- CLI D&C - Alpha
2003- Basic Platoon Warrant - Echo

K. Card

Abdallah said:
I know this is off topic to this topic, however does anyone know if I can go to army cadet courses. I am an air cadet, I applied for ITRCC(Introduction to Rifle Coach Course) this summer at Connaught, Ottawa. What are some senior courses for Army Cadets training, are they possible if I can attend. Slim chances are not much of a problem for me, it is still worth a try.

Thank you!
it is possible for there to be cross-element training, last summer at vernon there was an air cadet taking an army cadet band course (i believe it was CL Band), so it is technically *possible* for you to get on the CLI Rifle Coach couse, but highly unlikely, as one of the recommended requirements for any CLI course is the Army Cadet Leader course

ouyin2000 said:
it is possible for there to be cross-element training, last summer at vernon there was an air cadet taking an army cadet band course (i believe it was CL Band), so it is technically *possible* for you to get on the CLI Rifle Coach couse, but highly unlikely, as one of the recommended requirements for any CLI course is the Army Cadet Leader course
I think band serves as an exception to the normal policy .... as the primary focus of training is music.  Air and Sea Cadets now attend Blackdown for the band courses, however the training plans are still that of the Army Cadet Course.  This caused a few problems last summer in the non-music aspects of the course, as I had to teach my platoon (comprised of cadets of all 3 elements) Army Cadet Training.

What are some senior army cadet courses, I know it would be a pain for you staff to teach us, but I am sorry. I still I want to apply, as I am very intrested in marksmanship.

Abdallah said:
What are some senior army cadet courses, I know it would be a pain for you staff to teach us, but I am sorry. I still I want to apply, as I am very intrested in marksmanship.
the only cross element shooting course that you would be allowed to take (if any) would be the Cadet Leader Instructor Rifle Coaching course, and in order to take that, you would have to first take the Cadet Leader course, which you would only be allowed to take as an army cadet

if you want to take the army summer camps so badly, why dont you just change to an army cadet corps ;D

:salute: hay there Mr .Paley ? how in the hell are ya man ? are ya still listening to the stranglers ?2316 rwr
:cdn: good to see your still alive !its been a long time your old friend archie. do ya remember me dean ?

mrbitter said:
:salute: hay there Mr .Paley ? how in the hell are ya man ? are ya still listening to the stranglers ?2316 rwr
:cdn: good to see your still alive !its been a long time your old friend archie. do ya remember me dean ?

I have no idea who Mr Paley is, but you do realize that your talking to a thread that's a month short of 2 years old right? Interesting.

He probably had no idea he responded to a thread!  I did get his e-mail and I'll give him the good news when we finally chat.

Funny thing about army buddies.  Twenty years of no contact and we're still the best of friends!

dcpaley said:
Funny thing about army buddies.  Twenty years of no contact and we're still the best of friends!

Very true, me and one of my best buddies whom I met in cadets haven't seen eachother for 2 years, and we finally meet up and its like we just saw eachother yesterday! good times indeed! 
Its nowhere near 20 years of lost contact though  ;D

Were you ever a staff, cadet or civilian that attended VACSTC :warstory: ?

VACSTC Band Coy Percussion Instructor 2002 & 2004 :cdn:
I was a pepper 2004 2002 , any chance you kn9w where I can get the 2004 video that was d9ne over the whole summer

I was a pepper 2004 2002 , any chance you kn9w where I can get the 2004 video that was d9ne over the whole summer

You are aware, aren't you, that you responded to a post that is twenty years old, written by an individual who was last on this site seventeen years ago?

The necromancy is strong in this thread.
WSKdtFQ.png

Back