• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vernon Army Cadet Summer Training Centre

I remember WO Marshall, from what i saw, she was a very good warrant, especially for the basic marksmen and women

You may all remember me as the Air Rifle #1 Range Sergeant, with Lt. Jeffries, the Mean Bald Man :p...he's the officer who liked to jump on the tables with the cadets

A truly wonderfull place to go!

1969 Cadet Leader
1970 Cadet Leader Instructor
1972 Corporal Call-Out - This was before Staff Cadet employment. You were assigned as Militia Cpl's.
1974 Platoon Commander Cadet Leader
2004 Battalion Adjutant (Yes that was a 30 year break in time)
2005 Battalion Adjutant - at least that is the plan!

JOIN THE VACC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION!

yeah i went to cl c-Coy 16 plt yeah it wasn't so bad. we had Crossland for the Csm and and next year I am going for CLI D/C .hey does anyone know if is is the truth that d/c is going to be called Golf company

that is not true

the DnC course will be dubbed Guard Company, with the other CLIs being A-coy,Band being B-coy, CL being C, D, and E coys, and basic being F-coy

this is a simple misunderstanding of what "G-coy" means

in my personal opinion, vernon would have been MUCH better off keeping A-coy as DnC, B-coy as the remaining CLIs, and Band as Band Coy...but that's probably because i was in B-coy 2001...the last summer it was a CLI company

Well thats odd because the two gaurds A and B were just called Alpha coy. as well as all of the ather Cli course that were in alphe coy .Or "A and B gaurd......" by the major of the camp.I remember that becuase I was at camp last year.

Well thats odd because the two gaurds A and B were just called Alpha coy. as well as all of the ather Cli course that were in alphe coy .Or "A and B gaurd......" by the major of the camp.I remember that becuase I was at camp last year.

Summer '04 D&C were seperated into 2 Gaurds (being A and B Guard)...with the rest of the CLI courses being "A Coy"

this year D&C will be Guard Company, and CLI will be A-coy

yeah but dont they have to go by the phonetic alhphabet. for example alpha= pert, marksman and cli p&d
and then BRAVO = BAND CL AND BASIC
then it is Charlie= cl
then it is Delta = cl
then it is echo =basic overall

just because they are split int two gaurds that does not mean that they arent refered to as alpha coy

At Blackdown Alpha Company is CLI D&C (not DnC), they form two guards but are all members of 4 platoons within A Coy.  B Coy is CLI Adventure, etc.

ouyin2000 said:
that is not true

the DnC course will be dubbed Guard Company, with the other CLIs being A-coy,Band being B-coy, CL being C, D, and E coys, and basic being F-coy

this is a simple misunderstanding of what "G-coy" means

in my personal opinion, vernon would have been MUCH better off keeping A-coy as DnC, B-coy as the remaining CLIs, and Band as Band Coy...but that's probably because i was in B-coy 2001...the last summer it was a CLI company

Hold up.  wasn't B-coy in '01 just Marskman?  Basics were in B-coy in that year.  Why is bravo coy called that instead of just Band?

in 2001, Bravo coy consisted of CLI Rifle Coach (5 platoon), CLI Adventure (6A and 6B platoons), and Basic Marksman (7 platoon)

Can anybody tell me if they have been in the same company (example Bravo) but not just band then it changed to bravo. I really mean having the actual name of Bravo (or another company ) for four years

your lack of punctuation makes it difficult to decypher, but i assume youa re asking if anyone has been in the same company for more than 1 year in a row

i believe the only way to be stuck in the same company for more than 1 year, is to be involved with the band, as Basic P&D and Mil Band, CL P&D and Mil Band, and CLI P&D and Mil Band are all in Bravo Company

the only othe way is if you select to become a staff cadet for a CLI course (in Alpha Company) the year after you take your CLI...which i think is a bad thing to do, as the summer right after you take your CLI, you are still to close to your friends who are now taking their CLI courses in the same company you are staffing. The best way to do it, is to become a HQ, Basic or CL Sergeant the summer right after your CLI...trust me it will benefit you greatly

but the funny part is that for the first two years of camp I was Bravo company, Example 2001 basic marksman (Bravo), 2002 CL Marksman (Bravo), 2003 CLI Mil Band (Bravo), and 2004 Staff band sgt. (Bravo). Has this ever happend before... I am confused

Wow, I was in basic marksmen in 2003, I was in Echo, And then i was in CL marksmen in 2004, and of course I was in bravo.

2000- Foxtrot
2002- Delta (21plt)
Vernon is like 'my home away from home'

I sware if I could live at vernon I would it is like the place to be. However I would occasionaly want to attend the place I am currently residing in. Homesickness is somewhat of an issue with me, so living in vernon would mean I would be homesick for about the first three or four days. That would be beacuse I miss my mum.

-----sgt.pongo

Back