• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vancouver reserve units

Bryanstorring

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright guys first thing thanks for taking your time and reading my post. I'm currently 19 years 20 soon, I'm getting myself into shape(I want to exceed the requirements) and I will be dropping off an application for the reserves within the net few months. My main question on this post is do anyone know which units are hireing. I don't want it to seem like I'm not looking for myself but I have, maybe my searching skills suck but I can't find anything on which units are hireing. All I do find is old posts from 2010, and 2011, about this same issue but its outdated. I'm looking to enlist with infantry, combat engineer, or artillery with future plans of joining the reg force as a medical technician( just gotta get my unrestricted license). Anything will be appreciated even a link to and updated page of hireing units.

You'll just have to visit the recruiting office for that.
They have tonnes of information there, and I'm sure you'll find the people there helpful. Don't be intimidated of visiting with questions.

Also if I remember correctly, 39 CBG's headquarters is in Vancouver.

Alright, well there's a recruiting centre in new west on royal ave or whatever it's called lol. Ill head in there and ask around. Also since we're on the topic of reserves, do you have any experience being in the reserve? If you do what was the training like. From what I have read over the Internet it's 1 day a week(Thursday) then one weekend a month. And there are training operations you can go on etc.

Not sure how this didn't get mentioned, but most student/reservist spend most or all of their summer working class b, part time all fall/winter/spring and then full time over the summer.

Courses to be done, courses to be taught, support and augmentation work, concentration exercises...

Everyone else seems to be referring to long term class b jobs, but most of the reserve class b jobs are short term, and often available around "off" semesters.

Alright well as of june22nd I will be switching to part time work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Would this interfere with my reserve work? Basically what I'm asking are which nights are "parade nights". I'm willing to show up to every parade night, training weekends, and training ops as I will be going into the reg force within a year or two. This part time job for me is to get my feet in the door and experience military life before I sign a 3 to 5 year contract or however it works.

There is no one night for every reserve unit across the country, i think most parade on Thursdays but its not a requirement so you may come across some that do it on some other day of the week. Your best bet is to contact the local Reserve Unit that you are interested in and get that information from them.

It should be noted that reserve units normally stand down in the summer as everyone is off doing courses/taskings. That means no parade nights during the summer. Parade nights usualy start up again in September.

Bryanstorring said:
Alright well as of june22nd I will be switching to part time work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Would this interfere with my reserve work? Basically what I'm asking are which nights are "parade nights". I'm willing to show up to every parade night, training weekends, and training ops as I will be going into the reg force within a year or two. This part time job for me is to get my feet in the door and experience military life before I sign a 3 to 5 year contract or however it works.

Just about every unit in 39 CBG parades on Wednesday nights, and trains on the third weekend of each month.

I'll just piggy back off this thread instead of making a new one, current University student here is it a good time to apply now ? and do I hand my application in at the recruiting center or the reserve unit ? Thanks.

joebob11 said:
I'll just piggy back off this thread instead of making a new one, current University student here is it a good time to apply now ? and do I hand my application in at the recruiting center or the reserve unit ? Thanks.
It is a good time to apply if you want to enroll this Fall or Winter.  That way you will have a good chance of summer employment next summer.

Thanks and do I apply at the specific center for example the hq for 39 cbg is on West 4th avenue but, I want to be in the 39 service battalion which is located on No.4 rd. Do I apply at the HQ or the Service battalion.

Back