• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vancouver Recruiting Center

JSoff

Subscriber
Reaction score
I know they are incredibly busy people over there, but is anyone else having issues getting a hold of them? I am trying to apply for an ROTP position and the deadline for it is January 31st unfortunately I cannot get a hold of them Via phone or email. Is it possibly the time of year that I am having an issue or are they just really short staffed? Has anyone had an issue getting a hold of them?

JoeDos said:
I know they are incredibly busy people over there, but is anyone else having issues getting a hold of them? I am trying to apply for an ROTP position and the deadline for it is January 31st unfortunately I cannot get a hold of them Via phone or email. Is it possibly the time of year that I am having an issue or are they just really short staffed? Has anyone had an issue getting a hold of them?

I think they don't really like the "phone" option but believe that they generally respond to emails relatively quickly, so that is your best option for contact.    info.vancouver@forces.gc.ca

DAA said:
I think they don't really like the "phone" option but believe that they generally respond to emails relatively quickly, so that is your best option for contact.    info.vancouver@forces.gc.ca

I emailed them a couple days ago, still have yet to get a response. But everyone gets busy! Better to Hurry up and Wait!

JoeDos said:
I emailed them a couple days ago, still have yet to get a response. But everyone gets busy! Better to Hurry up and Wait!

Nav Comm and ACCIS are in desparate need of people for the current year, so they actually should be pushing your application through as a "PRIORITY".

DAA said:
Nav Comm and ACCIS are in desparate need of people for the current year, so they actually should be pushing your application through as a "PRIORITY".

Well according to my file manager my application isn't deemed as "PRIORITY" because they have the current priorities set for ROTP applicants, and the Aboriginal applicants.

JoeDos said:
Well according to my file manager my application isn't deemed as "PRIORITY" because they have the current priorities set for ROTP applicants, and the Aboriginal applicants.

Doesn't surprise me in the least bit......which is why the CF doesn't always meet it's recruiting targets!    :facepalm:

DAA said:
Doesn't surprise me in the least bit......which is why the CF doesn't always meet it's recruiting targets!    :facepalm:

Well I am hoping that it doesn't take to long, I don't know how selections work but I really was hoping it wouldn't take another year to even get too merit listing. Here's hoping that I see some speed in the next few weeks, regarding just scheduling my CFAT.

JoeDos said:

This is a normal 'cycle' that the CFRCs go through.  Due to the dates involved with ROTP university registrations, they are a priority at this time of year.  Aboriginal programs are also approaching their start dates, so they will be prioritized as well.

George Wallace said:
This is a normal 'cycle' that the CFRCs go through.  Due to the dates involved with ROTP university registrations, they are a priority at this time of year.  Aboriginal programs are also approaching their start dates, so they will be prioritized as well.

As of last Wednesday the direction is "Priority process for all occupations with current year vacancies (2013/2014)" and "Continue to process for 2014/15 ROTP, Aboriginal and NCM Subsidized Education Programs".

Not that anyone listens to or let alone reads those points.....

DAA said:
As of last Wednesday the direction is "Priority process for all occupations with current year vacancies (2013/2014)" and "Continue to process for 2014/15 ROTP, Aboriginal and NCM Subsidized Education Programs".

Not that anyone listens to or let alone reads those points.....

Well tomorrow I decided I will go down there and talk to them in person, I have a lot of questions and I think it'd be easier to talk too them in person.

Back