• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vacation time the first few years

inquiztr

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am applying this spring for NCM SEP and I was wondering during the first couple years while I am in the NCM SEP program will I still be given 4 weeks holiday during the summer. I understand that during the times of the year when I am not in class at the college, I will be working at one of the Bases, but I wasn't sure if I would still qualify for the vacation time.

The reason I ask is I am planning to get married in the next year or two and will need a bit of time off for that. Thanks

robin b said:
Hi guys, I am applying this spring for NCM SEP and I was wondering during the first couple years while I am in the NCM SEP program will I still be given 4 weeks holiday during the summer. I understand that during the times of the year when I am not in class at the college, I will be working at one of the Bases, but I wasn't sure if I would still qualify for the vacation time.

The reason I ask is I am planning to get married in the next year or two and will need a bit of time off for that. Thanks

Yes, you are still entitled to your vacation time as long as it does not conflict with your training or school obligations. 

No problem.

Just some words of caution, in the NCM-SEP handbook, time allotted during the summer is 15-17 days leave, with 3-4 days leave allotted for Christmas break.  Also, you will be using leave days if you are gone from the geographical area of your school during reading week.

I'm just saying that so you can keep it in the back of your mind, worry about getting accepted to the school and being enrolled in the CF before anything else.  Good luck with your education/career.

Back