• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

:cdn:

To bad your wife didn't get a chance to speak with the PM:(

VAC on a good day is dysfunctional ass hell you can ask 5 VAC employees the same question and get 5 different answers my CM will say anything to shut me up .

I no longer speak to anyone at VAC over the phone mail or e-mail only less hassle and a at least you can keep a hard copy.

I also signed a letter at my MPs office giving me permission to look into my file C if that works.

My file was completed today Applied may 4 2016, so 8 Months and 26 days for my initial application.

The name they listed it under changed a few times, from persistent depressive disorder to Unspecific Depressive Disorder. I'm thinking  that they now listed it as Unspecific its not going to be favorable though that could be the depression kicking in.

Anyways I'll update when I get the letter.

Good news for everyone else, it seems they have caught up to May.

May. Good to know. 8 months though is quick from what I hear.

There are many people who have been completely forgotten by VAC. I got a letter saying "no further action required from you". 8 months later it turned out they did need me to do something. If I hadn't called they would've been happy to of forgotten about me for another 8 months+.

The evidence clearly shows that VAC is broken. They need a complete overhaul to ensure they provide a quality service to Canada.

They also need more past-serving members in their department.  I also think it would be very worthwhile for some employees at the top of the sub-departments to visit some of bases, and see the work environment we live thru;  in the air, on the ground and at sea.

Perspective.

Def didn't catch up to May as mine was 31 April and still waiting....

It's funny but ever since I engaged the Minister and MP VAC has stopped replying to my emails. >:D I guess I've annoyed them.  :bowing:

I don't know if this is a result of my comms with the Minister or MP however, my application was just sent to payments (aka Complete). For anyone who has had a RE-evaluation dated before Dec 2016, you may want to see if yours is complete or not.

I suspect they may have been trying to shut me up. If so they just don't get us. It isn't about the money; it's about how they treat our people. I intend to continue seeking answers and solutions to these ridiculous wait times.

As long as our guys feel VAC has it out for them there is work to be done.

Let me know either here or by PM how your applications are coming. I won't use any names. I'm just trying to get a gauge on how widespread the problem is.

posted on the VAC site,
"Your opinion counts. Help us make the services offered in My VAC Account reflect your needs. If you live in Montreal or Halifax, you may be eligible to participate in a focus group. If you live in other parts of the country, look for our online survey in the next few weeks."

Here's a chance for you gents to have your say with VAC.

AirDet said:
posted on the VAC site,
"Your opinion counts. Help us make the services offered in My VAC Account reflect your needs. If you live in Montreal or Halifax, you may be eligible to participate in a focus group. If you live in other parts of the country, look for our online survey in the next few weeks."

Oh I can't wait. My current claim is at 23 weeks now. My last one took more than a year. Has anyone actually recieved a decision in 16 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

:cdn:

My first 2 claims were settled 16 weeks almost to the day but that was back in 2015.

My first claim for tinnitus was settled in about 8 weeks in 2012 and a review in 2015 took only 4 weeks. My current claim in the system is going on 27 weeks and just went to step 3, so I'm curious to see how it actually takes...

I wonder if they are waiting for after April to pay at the new rate rather than have to back and calculate all those files again if they paid them before the new rate aaplies. 

AirDet said:
posted on the VAC site,

Just completed it. Turns out it is merely about the "My VAC Account" web services. That actually works pretty well, no chances to talk about any other issues with VAC.

I noticed that too.

I did however here back from a ministerial aid WRT the department's performance. He mentioned that turnaround times may increase after PSAC's new collective agreement is in place. Nobody want's to put anything on that topic in writing though.

Tcm621 said:
Just completed it. Turns out it is merely about the "My VAC Account" web services. That actually works pretty well, no chances to talk about any other issues with VAC.

It was pretty simple. Hard to give them bad marks for that one.

Of course, when Gerald Butts is crafting Hehr's canned answer, he'll likely use it as an opportunity to crow:

"In the service delivery area Mr Speaker, all polls and questionnaires sent to Veterans, to date, have been responded to by large numbers of Veterans and we are happy to report that approx 87% of the respondents said they were satisfied with our service delivery. Mr Speaker, the clients have spoken and are fine with the status quo. Thank you."

Just called VAC and they're still working on claims from April it seems. They've been working on April since early February....

meni0n said:
Just called VAC and they're still working on claims from April it seems. They've been working on April since early February....

I don't think they know what the heck they're talking about. Mine was a re-eval and entered stage 3 on 1 Dec. I got my decision letter last week.

Like others have noted here; there is a noticeable discrepancy in everything they say. They don't understand we don't really care what the answer is so long as it's the right one.... don't guess or lie.

Mine's an initial and it entered stage 3 around August...Maybe it's taking longer because it's tinnitus but it's weird. I had another claim that was in in February and it was done in October.

Mine just got suspended after 6 months but I can't directly blame them. Apparently a 12 year old injury, but for which I've seen the doc numerous times over the years, needs to be confirmed because it isn't reflected in my file.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have two people very close to me who are VAC employees. I will tell you what the problem is, and some people will be offended. Tough shit. There is a blizzard of BS applications that VAC has received because members and former members are blaming every single malady they have on the CF.  These people see their buddies getting $100k cheques, and they want in too. The problem is that every single application, total BS or not, receives the same attention, until that application dies a natural, and time consuming death. That means the legitimate applications vie with spurious ones for the attention of VAC employees.

Back