• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

In 2022, I submitted a claim for my right knee and hip in August with assistance of the RCL (kudos to them for their assistance). I was approved in the oh so rapid time of six months (apparently that was lightning speed). VAC did a follow up and asked if I had anymore injuries. I told them all I had, they forwarded me more paper work. So for an eye injury I am still waiting on a claim filed last May (2023).
I am suspicious that they were fast on this first claim and since RCL isn't putting pressure on them, it seems to be taking a sweet ass long time.

I put my 1st claim in in Aug 2023 (after being out 5 years and refusing to believe I had a problem till my friend convinced me to reach out to vac) by the time I was assessed and set up with IRB PSC APSC it was Jan 2024, now that was for mental health and I feel like they are completed faster than physical injurys, just from what I've read from user's on here and on reddit, I've been waiting this whole time to be assessed by a DR or a RN for my hip my dumbass never got a family Dr after getting out

Thank you for mentioning Family Doctor. Over the past few years, one thing I've noticed is when you lose a Family Doctor and you have to deal with VAC MQ's and paperwork, it's a lot harder when you do not have a Family Doctor. Luckily, I did most of my VAC claims when I had one. The last VAC claim I actually had a Nurse Practitioner do the diagnosis and it ended up being a Favourable Decision. Again, if no family doctor=more legwork and longer waits....possibly.

Any payment yet hopefully tomorrow morning
Oh I got a whole ordeal going man my case manager is looking into My account cause it says I was paid but I wasn't and all sorts of crap it's a shit show rn

Oh I got a whole ordeal going man my case manager is looking into My account cause it says I was paid but I wasn't and all sorts of crap it's a shit show rn
Oh wow i cant understand this department they are messed

Yea, from experience with Lump Sum deposits. I noticed over the past few years there is no rhyme or reason with VAC for wait times. It sometimes seems like it depends on who you get. Like my VIP Benefit. I got approved in one week just recently. Did the Phone call Assessments in that timeframe and the deposit came yesterday. Insane. The VAC lady I did the assessments with was real easy going and helpful and went the full 9 yards to make sure I got approved it seems.
When your PSC changed did the lump sum amount show in history?

Once your Lump Sum gets deposited, it will show under Payment History in your VAC Account. Otherwise, if you go under Current Benefits and Payment History and see the Lump Sum amount, you can rest assured that it is deposited in your bank account.

Once your Lump Sum gets deposited, it will show under Payment History in your VAC Account. Otherwise, if you go under Current Benefits and Payment History and see the Lump Sum amount, you can rest assured that it is deposited in your bank account.
Oh thanks for the share.

My buddy is monitoring his as well and today is Day 32 since submitting his Lump Sum form and the goddamn PSC monthly amount is still listed in Current Benefits OMG UGH. VAC is slow as molasses lately for Lump Sum deposits.

My buddy is monitoring his as well and today is Day 32 since submitting his Lump Sum form and the goddamn PSC monthly amount is still listed in Current Benefits OMG UGH. VAC is slow as molasses lately for Lump Sum deposits.
Wow just wow

My PSC changed however no deposit yet....maybe they only deposit on Fridays.....no rhyme or reason....I keep pestering them they said it was escalated yesterday since its over the 6 week mark.

Oh good. I can confirm you will see it now within a few days or so. I've noticed after it disappears, it usually gets deposited in 3-4 days.

Back