• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

User Reviews for Lowa Seeker GTX Combat Boots

Another SigOp

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello to Everyone at Army.ca,

Right now I am looking for a new pair of off-the-shelf combat boots, as due to my long, narrow feet, I am unable to fit into both the WWB and the GBPs.  I currently wear Magnum boots, which fit my feet properly, but I have been disappointed by their quality.  Just recently I tried on a pair of Original SWATs, but I found that they were far too wide; the same went for Danner Arcadias.   

Does anyone out there have any experience with Lowa's "Seeker" line of footwear?  If so, what were your impressions?  Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
-Another SigOp

I have the opposite problem having wide feet. I went to AJ Brooks here in Vancouver and had a look at Meindls. The army series of Meindls fit quite narrow as do Hanwags. You may want to look at these lines. Hanwags are purchased thropugh Trackn'Trail in Edmonton and Meindls at AJ's. Both models of boots are kick ass!

Noneck

I have a pair of the Lowa "The Seeker" Desert PT combat boots. (not the GTX ones) The quality is fantastic, and they have a pretty comfy sole. The heel is also very comfortable, and gives me none of the problems that some fancy new "mondopoint" boots give me.

I, however, find that they run quite narrow (I normally wear "regular" width footwear, so I have to wear thin socks with them) This will probably work out to your advantage anyway.

Crappy part is, I only got to wear them for a month, since I had to switch to safety footwear.

FWIW, I believe Botach Tactical has a very competitive price on them, but I've heard iffy stories on their customer service, no idea on their shipping.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Eric

Hello Eric,

Thanks for the heads up on the boot width sizing.  Did you find the length fitting true to normal sizing?  I've heard the Lowas fit slightly smaller (length wise) then stated.

Thanks in advance,
-Another SigOp

Mine are a good fit at .5 of a size higher ( I normally wear 11, and these are 11.5 ) They're European sizes, but they do have their "US equivalent" printed on the label.

5.11 makes several of their boots that fit narrow feet - I have 12C/D and a set of 5.11 HRTs (Regular width)...a very comfortable boot....more so than even the SWATS.  FWIW.

Interesting, read 2nd review here about Lowa Seeker GTX width...just another opinion, but...

G2G

Hello Good2Golf,

Thanks for your input - that review is making me rethink my choice of boot.  When compared to, say, a Danner boot, how durable have you found 5.11s for field use?  I've never heard of 5.11, so I'm not particularly familiar with their product. 

Also, after looking at their boots on their website, have you had any issues with your HRTs (ie RSM friendly) with their appearance?

Thanks!
-Another SigOp

Another SigOp said:
Hello Good2Golf,

Thanks for your input - that review is making me rethink my choice of boot.  When compared to, say, a Danner boot, how durable have you found 5.11s for field use?  I've never heard of 5.11, so I'm not particularly familiar with their product. 

Also, after looking at their boots on their website, have you had any issues with your HRTs (ie RSM friendly) with their appearance?

Thanks!
-Another SigOp

I have 2 pairs of 5.11 boots, My HRT's have stood up to everything from general garrison duties to door kicking to fighting fires.  I had a set of speed 8" that started to come apart; called 5.11, and the said send them back COD and sent me a brand new pair (haven't had a problem with this pair; I wear them every second day).

They make good boots IMO, and they have a wide range of sizing on most types.

hope that helps

Another SigOp, the 5.11 HRTs are very durable and amazingly light-weight and very comforatable, excellent footbed padding (almost feels as comfortable as my Asics GelNimbus running shoes).  Light construction where they can/need to be, and good 'shielding' (harder material) where needed: inner heels, inner arch, etc... Mine (black) have have a Gore-tex liner, the coyote brown ones do not.  I did not have any issues with the wearing of these boots with my SCWO, but your sit may be different.

G2G

G2G, are you moonlighting as a 5.11 sales rep?  ;D

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade... but FWIW, two guys I have spoken to who wear 5.11 Desert HRT's both had their soles peel off around the front of the boot. IMO, after looking at the peeling (around the entire toe of the boots all the way back to where the arch begins), I certainly dont have much confidence in them (and likewise for the two gentlemen who were wearing them)

Who knows, it could have been a bad batch...

Cheers,
Eric

Eric_911 said:

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade... but FWIW, two guys I have spoken to who wear 5.11 Desert HRT's both had their soles peel off around the front of the boot. IMO, after looking at the peeling (around the entire toe of the boots all the way back to where the arch begins), I certainly dont have much confidence in them (and likewise for the two gentlemen who were wearing them)

Cheers,
Eric

If they are less then a year old 5.11 will replace them  ;D

NL_engineer said:
If they are less then a year old 5.11 will replace them  ;D

Meh... Company guarentees won't do you much good when you're in the middle of butt-f**k nowhere (deployed or domestically)...  ;)

Eric_911 said:
Meh... Company guarentees won't do you much good when you're in the middle of butt-f**k nowhere (deployed or domestically)...  ;)

And thats why a second set should be in your follow up kit/stuffed in the lav  8)

Eric_911 said:

Cheers,
Eric

LOL, no...but mine weren't the desert HRTs, they are the regular-weight black HRTs.  Could be a bad batch, or the desert-weight is different enough from the regular-weight?  OTOH, I can't see anything being much worse than those POS Boulet's I had...now those are a disaster! (note: I was bad and did not fill out a UCR on the Boulet's so I shouldn't really slag them....my bad  :-[ )

G2G

Back