• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin P said:
Frankly I am more worried about what happens if Trump wins,

He can't lose. If he does, he will tell his base the election was "rigged".

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk011a1FFGU5dSHPKfpNr0uWNSLQ1xw%3A1598114759432&source=hp&ei=x0tBX_DnF-GN5wLL_YTgBA&q=trump+election+rigged&oq=trump+election+rigged&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoHCC4QJxCTAjoECCMQJzoECAAQQzoICAAQsQMQgwE6DgguELEDEIMBEMcBEKMCOggILhCxAxCDAToLCC4QsQMQxwEQowI6CggAELEDEIMBEEM6BAguEEM6CgguELEDEIMBEEM6CggAELEDEBQQhwI6BQgAELEDOgIIADoNCAAQsQMQgwEQFBCHAjoHCAAQFBCHAlDnhAFYurQBYMm3AWgAcAB4AIABngGIAfcTkgEEMS4yMJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiw56y0oa_rAhXhxlkKHcs-AUwQ4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1598114783898

Whichever side loses is going to claim something was rigged.  It happened last election.

Brad Sallows said:
Whichever side loses is going to claim something was rigged.  It happened last election.

The next day, Clinton asked her supporters to accept the result and hoped that Trump would be "a successful president for all Americans".

Hopefully, if the election does not go his way, the current occupant of the White House will be equally gracious.

Say it ain't so Joe

Joe Biden accused of plagiarizing from Jack Layton's final letter in nomination speech
Social media was quick to point out that the words were eerily similar to ones found in a letter Layton wrote before he died in 2011

National Post
By Jonathan BradleyAug 21, 2020  •  Last Updated 21 hours ago  •  2 minute read

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, a man not unaccustomed to allegations of plagiarism, is now being accused of copying the words of former New Democratic Party leader Jack Layton.

At a speech at the Democratic National Convention on Thursday, Biden’s final address included the lines, “For love is more powerful than hate. Hope is more powerful than fear. And light is more powerful than dark.”

Social media was quick to point out that the words were eerily similar to ones found in a letter Layton wrote before he died in 2011.

“My friends, love is better than anger,” said Layton in his letter. “Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.”

However, the sentiments Layton made also channel lines from a speech former prime minister Wilfrid Laurier gave in 1916.

“Let me tell you that for the solution of these problems you have a safe guide, an unfailing light if you remember that faith is better than doubt and love is better than hate,” said Laurier.

Laurier’s speech was meant to promote unity among Canadians during World War I and build connections between English and French-Canadians.

Full article HERE

There's a big difference between plagiarism and paraphrasing and IMHO I'm not even sure this is even paraphrasing.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

:clubinhand:

>Hopefully, if the election does not go his way, the current occupant of the White House will be equally gracious.

What, no 3-year-long investigation into election rigging?

FJAG said:
There's a big difference between plagiarism and paraphrasing and IMHO I'm not even sure this is even paraphrasing.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

:clubinhand:

Thanks FJAG

I didn't think of it that way

Brad Sallows said:
What, no 3-year-long investigation into election rigging?

There was a "peaceful transition of power".

mariomike said:
The next day, Clinton asked her supporters to accept the result and hoped that Trump would be "a successful president for all Americans".

There was no delay in the inauguration.

mariomike said:

Hopefully, if the election does not go his way, the current occupant of the White House will be equally gracious.

Before Trump won the election, Nancy P asked the Donald if he would accept the results of the election. Well, we all know what happened after his win.

shawn5o said:
Well, we all know what happened after his win.

There was a "peaceful transition of power".

The day after the election, Clinton asked her supporters to accept the result and hoped that Trump would be "a successful president for all Americans".

And some of them didn't accept the result.  Even Hillary is still whining about it.

Brad Sallows said:
And some of them didn't accept the result.  Even Hillary is still whining about it.

When will these concerns about the whinings of a person that doesn't matter anymore stop in favour of recognizing the constant whinings coming out of the oval office? Are you not the least little bit concerned about a president who is already telegraphing the message that he will not accept an election defeat?

:worms:

No....if that was the case we'd never bother with recounts would we??  "Just accept it Carl."

FJAG said:
When will these concerns about the whinings of a person that doesn't matter anymore stop in favour of recognizing the constant whinings coming out of the oval office? Are you not the least little bit concerned about a president who is already telegraphing the message that he will not accept an election defeat?

:worms:

Trump says a lot of things, some hard to understand. However, the claim that Trump will not concede the election is one of the main talking points of the Democrats.

Hillary Clinton warned that the US should be prepared for President Trump to blame a re-election loss in November on voter fraud and refuse to leave the White House.

“Well, I think it is a fair point to raise as to whether or not, if he loses, he’s going to go quietly or not. And we have to be ready for that,” the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee told The Daily Show host Trevor Noah.

She said Trump’s continued claims that voting by mail would lead to widespread fraud are an effort to undermine the election.

If its about mail-in voting "fraud" maybe he's right or maybe he's wrong. I don't trust todays Democratic party.

Which leads me to this question: Why are the democrats up in arms over mail-in votes? Drs Fauci and Brix state that in-person voting is all right (following proper precautions.)

We figuring Trump will pull a Jody Wilson-Raybould and not vacate the office?

The US has 690,000 police officers, 2.1 million active and reserve military members and 3 in 10 Americans owning guns. Might be an interesting predicament if he refuses to leave and people start picking sides.

shawn5o said:
Trump says a lot of things, some hard to understand. However, the claim that Trump will not concede the election is one of the main talking points of the Democrats.

There is one simple way he could stop that talking point - tweet/say that he will concede if he loses. 

That's it.  That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back