• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
eye in the sky,

I was giving him a very general answer, because I was judging by his questions that he was at the very beginning of the thinking/joining process. Any applicant will end up talking to a recruiter and get more personalized advising... you want to share more detailed info... you are free to do so...

Eye In The Sky and the_girlfirend:

Both of you have good intentions, and have contributed in your own way to the topic.

Let it go.

Roy

After googling the Diploma you have, I would say that working as a NCM in the Air Force in one of the tech trades would be more in line with what you studied in school. Depending on the trade, you may even qualify for semi-skilled entry.

PuckChaser said:
After googling the Diploma you have, I would say that working as a NCM in the Air Force in one of the tech trades would be more in line with what you studied in school. Depending on the trade, you may even qualify for semi-skilled entry.

Appreciated for all your pro answers and responses. Please let me some more questions since you guys are the pros.

Initially, I thought there were only 5 entry plans to apply. I thought semi-skilled is only the name of position after trained. The reasons I intended to ask more into plans is because I am more concern about the salary paid. Please advise or comment below.

1) Do all NCM plans pay the same rate or differ in the first year?

2) When you applied for regular force, will the military pay for the relocation for your family if you're married?

3) I failed CFAT, but they said I am 1 score away from the passing rate and was told to retest. Let's say now I joined as a military police reserves because this is another trade I am interested in and I like to know more about military life earlier. If I happen to pass the retest few months later, is it possible to transfer into another trade in regular force at that time? 

matwxx,

I say this with all the niceness I can muster. QUIT ASKING PEOPLE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH FOR YOU. Go to CFRC where all the real "pros" are and get your answers there. Unless a member on here is a Recruiter the information you receive may or may not be accurate and current.

There are tons of threads RE: rates of pay/relocation/CT why don't you start SEARCHING and READ THEM? Now I only say this because we can't go through this charade with EVERY SINGLE applicant that comes on here. It takes of bandwidth and it takes up time from people's lives! This is NOT CF Recruiter On-Line. This is MILNET.CA (Army.Ca, Navy.Ca, AirForce.Ca), as much as we (members of the CF) would like to answer your questions, we'd like to see potential applicants, and future members of the CF take some fracking initiative and DO IT ON THEIR ON. This applies to NCM candidates, and ESPECIALLY OFFICER candidates too.

You're going to BCIT Aerospace Campus which is located in Richmond, BC and is only 20mins drive from Sherman Armories where the 12 MP Pl, 15MP Coy is located. Want to know about MPs? Go talk to them. Want to know more about the recruiting process? Go talk to CFRC. Take some fracking initiative. Jebus.

Thanks for your comment. I did talk to them already, but I am just asking if any of you have any experience before. As you see every case / everyone is different. I am not asking you to do any research for me, even I did, dont think you would do that. If you dont have the experience, you may comment me. But you dont stop people from asking questions here. That's what forum is designed for. I did search and read many pages of threads, but just dont find my answers. Forgive me, I am only expecting answers from experienced members. I am not here to set up any controversy.

matwxx said:
Thanks for your comment. I did talk to them already, but I am just asking if any of you have any experience before. As you see every case / everyone is different. I am not asking you to do any research for me, even I did, dont think you would do that. If you dont have the experience, you may comment me. But you dont stop people from asking questions here. That's what forum is designed for. I did search and read many pages of threads, but just dont find my answers. Forgive me, I am only expecting answers from experienced members. I am not here to set up any controversy.

Fair enough, matwxx - there are many threads available here - some which may touch on your subject.  I STRONGLY recommend that you utilize the Search Page - http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/index.php?action=search

That search will comb the entire contents of Milnet.ca - as opposed to the search you may initiate in whatever thread you happen to find yourself.  The latter search will ONLY return hits from whatever forum you happen to be in.

If you need a hand searching - PM me (understanding that I'm not always "here").

Roy

Can anyone tell me if the UTPNCM for this year's competition as come out yet?  If so, could you please PM or post it?
I am currently on leave and have no access to the DWAN, so any info on this would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to correspond with anyone that has gone through the process.  I have a few questions! 

Cheers,

--
UG

matwxx said:
1) Do all NCM plans pay the same rate or differ in the first year?

2) When you applied for regular force, will the military pay for the relocation for your family if you're married?

3) I failed CFAT, but they said I am 1 score away from the passing rate and was told to retest. Let's say now I joined as a military police reserves because this is another trade I am interested in and I like to know more about military life earlier. If I happen to pass the retest few months later, is it possible to transfer into another trade in regular force at that time?

1) Yes, only difference is SpecPay which you don't get until you're a QL5 Cpl.

2) Yes, after you get your first posting.

3) When you OT (switch trades) you can write the CFAT again so that you get the score you need. If you're in the RegF, you need a minimum of QL3 to switch into another trade, and then you get put on a list.

PuckChaser said:
3) When you OT (switch trades) you can write the CFAT again so that you get the score you need. If you're in the RegF, you need a minimum of QL3 to switch into another trade, and then you get put on a list.

I think you'd better re-read CFAO 11-12 again  ;D.

Depending on your situation determines your OT:

- if not QL3 qual'd yet, you can request a MOC reassignment;
- if you are Combat Arms, you need 36 months service and QL4 qual (QL3 if your MOC doesn't have QL4); and
- if you are not Combat Arms, you need 48 months service and QL4 qual (QL3 if your MOC doesn't have QL4) to be eligible to APPLY for an OT.

Always remember, OTs are not guarunteed and the health of your current trade will determine how many people can OT out each year (2% of the TES for green trades, 1% for amber and 0.5% for red trades).

Eye In The Sky said:
Always remember, OTs are not guarunteed and the health of your current trade will determine how many people can OT out each year (2% of the TES for green trades, 1% for amber and 0.5% for red trades).

I read some of the QL3 threads this morning. All I know of QL3 is qualification level 3. Dont have a clue what these are or I can't find them yet.

In this case, do you recommend me not to join a trade unless I am 100% gauranteed its the trade I am mostly interested?

matwxx said:
I read some of the QL3 threads this morning. All I know of QL3 is qualification level 3. Dont have a clue what these are or I can't find them yet.

In this case, do you recommend me not to join a trade unless I am 100% gauranteed its the trade I am mostly interested?

QL3 is your basic trades course.  QL4 is the next level of course for your trade for trades that have a QL4.  Some don't, you go right to QL5.  Why?  Doesn't matter so don't worry about that, k?  :)

I would always say make sure, to a reasonable level, you are interested in the trade you are getting into, as it is NEVER a guaruntee that you will get a remuster/change of trades at a later date.  You can apply, sure, but you might not get it for the reasons I stated earlier.

matwxx said:

Do you like smoking cigars?

George Wallace said:
Do you like smoking cigars?

Well yea, I bought packs from the states and smoking right now. A bit expansive but they worth it. I also bought a Hookah from Dubai. Are cigars allow in the military?

matwxx said:
Well yea, I bought packs from the states and smoking right now. A bit expansive but they worth it. I also bought a Hookah from Dubai. Are cigars allow in the military?

Nothing stopping you from smoking cigars in the CF, except common sense as to when and where you do so.

Now back on topic, as you do like smoking cigars, lets just pick something that you really aren't too keen on, and substitute it into your question (ie. change a few words and substitute "something that you are not to keen on doing").

Does that make any sense?

matwxx said:

POOF!  Right over his head George!  :)

George Wallace said:
Nothing stopping you from smoking cigars in the CF, except common sense as to when and where you do so.

Now back on topic, as you do like smoking cigars, lets just pick something that you really aren't too keen on, and substitute it into your question (ie. change a few words and substitute "something that you are not to keen on doing").

Does that make any sense?

Well, joining the military asap as to learn the life in military early instead. It would be lucky if there are trades that could utilize my academic background.

matwxx said:
Well, I want to join the military asap as to learn the life in military early instead of wasting time. It would be lucky if there are trades that could utilize my academic background.

Don't be silly.  Don't ever have the opinion that you are so unique that the CF absolutely needs your particular 'qualifications'.  You really aren't.  The CF will bring in hundreds of people, all of whom think they are 'unique' and 'special'.  All of them will have to conduct the same training and not all of them will graduate.  You are but one.  When the CF is ready for you, they will enroll you.  Until then, make sure that the occupations/Trades that you select are ones that you will honestly be willing to have a long fulfilling career in.  Do Not pick a job because it will get you into the CF faster, as it could just as easily result in your leaving the CF faster, as a Training Failure.

Unless it came out today, it hasn't been released as of yet.

There are quite a few people that have gone the UTPNCM route on this site, including myself.  I would suggest doing a quick search to see if anyone has talked about the questions you have or have gone the trade route that you desire to better tailor your questions/PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back