• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

U.S. Politics 2017 (split fm US Election: 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rifleman62 said:
If you watched the press briefing this was a document as well as another one yesterday that were put out by somebody, but not the WH.

Yeah, like that has never been said by a White House Press Secretary ever. [:D

kkwd said:
Should the Democratic party's total destruction in the entire country this past election be covered in this thread? What about their desperate attempts to find a new leader. This should make for some entertaining memes.

Well, since it falls in the category of US politics, and it's happening right now in 2017, I would have to say NO!

Rifleman62 said:
And you are quoting the Washington Post cupper? Hardly an unbiased source. Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, purchased the WP for 250 million cash to push his liberal views.

What you posted could be possibly true, but sole sourcing the WP to form an opinion is like situating the estimate.

I would have posted links to other sources too, but when I Googled each, it came back with YUGE numbers, Great numbers, Wonderful numbers of results. I was afraid if I posted all of them it would crash the server. [Xp

cupper said:
Cograts. You could probable outspin Kelly Anne Conway.

Thanks!

Was she one of the ones that said Trump was going to win and everyone laughed and shoved their 99% Clinton polls in her face? Or was that Ann Coulter?

In his Muslim country ban Trump conveniently left out the country where the 9/11 attackers came from and whom the US government acknowledged was "secretly" supporting ISIS.

Jarnhamar said:
In his Muslim country ban Trump conveniently left out the country where the 9/11 attackers came from and whom the US government acknowledged was "secretly" supporting ISIS.

There are several others left off that list as well that have and still pose security risks.

But ask yourself what do Trump and those countries have in common? Could it be that he has major business interests in those countries?

NAH! That can't be it.

You can bet that Canada wont be following suit,so we will still have to watch our a northern border,but I dont think a fence will be necessary. :D

Jarnhamar said:

Well to be fair, the US supported ISIS when it was just Syria involved.

tomahawk6 said:
You can bet that Canada wont be following suit,so we will still have to watch our a northern border,but I dont think a fence will be necessary. :D

Not trying to be an ass my southern-brother but considering the number of illegal firearms up here that come in from the US I'd support a US-Canadian wall (among other issues of course, not JUST firearms but it's a biggie).

Jarnhamar said:
Funny, that.  For the more conspiratorially-minded, here's another way of highlighting this:
"Trump's Immigration Ban Excludes Countries With Business Ties"
Or, if you want it from a more pro-Trump source ...
"President Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries linked to his sprawling business empire"

Funny how that happens when you have a President that owns businesses has his kids run his businesses...
tomahawk6 said:
If one of the ways Mexico deals with whatever cards it's dealt by #POTUS45 is to withdraw what little security they have on their border, wall or not, you guys'll have your hands pretty full without worrying about the Great White North  ;D

cupper said:
Well, since it falls in the category of US politics, and it's happening right now in 2017, I would have to say NO!
You're absolutely right. They are just a bunch with the same old ideas and techniques. They are not interesting at all it seems, they don't receive news coverage no matter how hard they try. There must be much crying and gnashing of teeth at their functions. Trump can teach them a lesson on how things can be done in 2017 but they just won't listen, hate trumps learning. As long as they are full of the same old has beens and up and comers looking up to these old political hacks they won't get anywhere.

milnews.ca said:
...Also, this from FOX News (assuming we can trust it these days, right?):And if that's the case, I have to ask again:  is there anything stopping you from posting something showing the contrary, or at least a different view/take?  Attack the source all you want, but don't be shy about rebutting with sources of your own, too.

:)

:goodpost:

Jarnhamar said:

Maybe Trump is just dumb as a stump.
Or
Maybe he has access to the latest and greatest intel from some kind of agency.

:whistle: Dumb as a stump? You're talking about a guy that just showed up and said "I'm tired of this democrat bullshit". He jumped on board and financed his own campaign. He took down 13 heavyweight incumbents, not one at a time but on all fronts. He spoke from his heart, was seen as an everyman in a den of vipers. Then to top it off took on the top democrats, some of the most influential in the world. His expenditures were chump change to what Clinton spent. When he came on the scene he was laughed at, demonized, beset by professional agitators and anarchists working for the democrats and Soros. He took them all out. Whether you agree with his decisions, or not, he's been decisive, uncompromising and doing what the taxpayers want. Ànd in the end, listening to and working with taxpayers is what it's all about.

Dumb as a stump? More smart as a fox.

recceguy said:
Dumb as a stump? More smart as a fox.

Oops, I should have used a sarcasm emoticon for the first sentence that post. I totally agree with you. The second sentence was intended to be the "meat" of my post.

Love or hate the guy, I love to see someone in politics actually stand to his word and campaign pledges.

It's refreshing at least. The guy has done more in 1 week then our PM could do in a year and a half.

Jarnhamar said:

:whistle: That's because people are not looking at the bigger picture or are watching too much CNN. On the face it certainly seems a drastic measure and perhaps looks like a Muslim ban.

Instead of saying he left countries off the list that he does business in. How about the Muslim countries not on the list are not a concern, nor are their Muslim citizens. The ban is on countries that are exporting terrorism. If he doesn't accept the Christians from there either, it could be argued that it's not a ban on Muslims only.

As I see it, from what I've seen it's not even a ban. Anyone from the targeted countries can still apply, they just need to get through an extreme 90 day vetting system. Not unreasonable for where they are coming from, lack of records and corrupt governments.

Given the run amok news channels, newspapers and magazines, people have to educate themselves and look at things from an angle not being pushed by the MSM.

:2c:

[quote author=recceguy]How about the Muslim countries not on the list are not a concern, nor are their Muslim citizens. The ban is on countries that are exporting terrorism.
[/quote]

The country that 17 of the 19 hijackers of 9/11 came from , that the US secretary of state was caught admitting was secretly supporting ISIS, isn't a concern and their citizens aren't a threat?

Sorry but Saudi Arabia is ground zero for Wahhabism. If ISIS are thugs and murderers Saudi Arabia are the mafia.

Jarnhamar said:
The country that 17 of the 19 hijackers of 9/11 came from , that the US secretary of state was caught admitting was secretly supporting ISIS, isn't a concern and their citizens aren't a threat?

Sorry but Saudi Arabia is ground zero for Wahhabism. If ISIS are thugs and murderers Saudi Arabia are the mafia.

15 of the highjackers came from Saudi, 1 from Egypt, 1 from Lebanon and 2 from the UAE. None of which are covered by the exec order. Also, Afghanistan and Pakistan aren't on the list. Think that they don't pose a threat?

recceguy said:
As I see it, from what I've seen it's not even a ban. Anyone from the targeted countries can still apply, they just need to get through an extreme 90 day vetting system. Not unreasonable for where they are coming from, lack of records and corrupt governments.

The current process of vetting refugees is more than sufficient. On average it takes 18 to 24 months. Multiple interviews which are more in depth than any American would be subjected to, unless being interrogated for a suspected crime. Medical examinations that take hours. Multiple sessions taking biometric data. All the while several US agencies are investigating family ties, associates, and the applicants.

You cannot get more a extreme vetting process without violating US and International laws. What I went through to get my Green Card was a walk in the park compared to this. And being from Canada gave some advantages over applicants from other nations.

So this time out in incoming refugees again is window dressing. And his base is eating it up. And to be clear, depending on which country they are coming from it's either 90 or 120 days. Unless it's Syria, which is on an indefinite hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back