• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trouble posting a message

J

jrhume

To those On High:

I don‘t seem to be able to use the quick reply feature when I log in from home. I‘m using Netscape and a dial-up connection. I log in to the site, but when I post a reply using the quick form it tells me the entry is incomplete -- that I‘ve left my name off or something like that.

If I select the regular post the site makes me log in again, even though the status bar across the top clearly shows that I‘m logged in.

I‘ve cleared all related cookies and started over with logging in, etc. Didn‘t help.

Can Your Worships help a poor old befuddled vet?

The old HD that is being used for server is apparently slowing down. It‘s going to be replaced soon, according to Mike.

So that may just be why you may be suffering from slowdowns and all.

The dying hardware will make it slow, but shouldn‘t cause any login problems.

At the top of the page, does it show something like "Hello, Old Guy [ Stand Down ]" ?

Also, if you can try it again and let me know the exact error message that should shed some additional light on it.

Also ensure that if you‘re running a personal firewall like ZoneAlarm, that it‘s not blocking your cookies. You may also want to check your privacy settings in Netscape to ensure that‘s working OK. (The details vary from version to version, otherwise I‘d try to be more specific...)

Let me know how it goes - we‘ll get it nailed.

Cheers and good luck

Back