• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trend Analysis / Link Analysis Software?

Blakey

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone out there ever come across any such software?, if so, are there any recommendations?

Thanks.

I use TrendIt (http://sydstewart.com/) for keeping my SQDCME (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, Environment) information in order.  I am sure there are better, but TrendIt was cheap as well.

Thanks for the link, although I've been to that site before and I get a 404 error when I try to DL the trial version.

Edited to add: As well, I'm looking more for software that will/can track social economic trends, individual persons as well as specific incidents.

Our analysts in the Force use I2 analysts notebook and I2 Text Chart software. Hope this helps. If you are looking for training in basic Tactical Analysis BCIT has an online level 1 course.

Cheers
Noneck

I2 is a good system: 

i2 Inc. Launches New Version of Flagship Analytical Software To Aid Law Enforcement, Government and Commercial Investigations
Analyst's Notebook 6 Redefines Concept of Link and Timeline Analysis, Promotes Cross-Agency Cooperation to Benefit Analysts and Investigators Around the World
SPRINGFIELD, Va., January 2003 – i2 Inc., the leading worldwide provider of data visualization and link analysis software, has announced Analyst's Notebook 6, a new version of the company's award-winning software which brings clarity to complex investigations and intelligence analysis by uncovering hidden links between seemingly unrelated persons, places and events. Currently more than 1,400 law enforcement, government and commercial organizations in over 80 countries rely on Analyst's Notebook, and it has proven effective in investigations ranging from counterterrorism to organized fraud.
(http://www.i2inc.com/Company/Press/0103b.asp)

However, the system is only as good as its user.  Declutter options are nice for identifying key nodes, but the layout may not make sense unless manually organized.  Also, once you have the scale you want, if you go to a hard copy you may need a large-scale color printer to print your products.  All of which can be very expensive in time and money. 

Thanks, I just happen to have a brochure and Demo CD from I2.  ;D

Back