• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TRANSPORTATION TO CFLRS

freeze_time311

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Perhaps someone answer a rather simple question for me. How is getting to the CFLRS conducted. Is it our responsibility to make travel arrangments and pay for the trip, or is everything taken care of and paid for by the CF? I'm from Winnipeg if that helps. Thanks

Once you have been offered a position and you have sworn in, the CF will pay for transportation to CFLRS including taxi rides getting to airport etc. If you pay for anything out of pocket, they will reimburse upon arrival. At least that is what i have been told. I recieved my plane ticket information the day i swore in and because there will be more than 6 of us arriving in Montreal at the same time we will be picked up by military personel and taken to CFLRS so no taxi ride for us.

Since you are new and unaware of what is all required, if you pay for anything KEEP RECEIPTS!

That said, contact your CFRC to determine your means of transportation to St-Jean from the airport (Taxi, DND Bus, etc) as only they can inform you of this based on what they have arranged.

At your enrolment there will be a lot of briefings, and you will be given a lot of papers.  Among those will be your travel arrangements.  Normally you would fly from your home city to Montreal.  If you take a cab to St-Jean, it will be costly.  CFLRS used to try to arrange for transport when they had a group arriving - but they don't share that info with the Recruiting Centre.  As PO2FinClk said, keep receipts if you have to pay for anything.

also when you get sworn in with anybody else and you arrive in montreal, see if you recognize anybody and try to either split a cab or just atleast ride with them, either way both of you will be reimbursed if you paid or one of you will. ;) i originally did that when i left and he used his cc and got that money back anyways, free ride for me lol.

Ok, thats all fine a good. Thanks for the advice. So what happens if I arrive on the friday, and nothing starts until monday. What is recruit to do with themselves for the weekend? I realize they probably can't leave the base, so what goes on? Thanks

I'd suggest you bring a book or something else to do.  It might be a good idea to bring a deck of cards as well if you enjoy playing cards.  There won't be much to do except socialize the first weekend waiting for Monday and your course to start.  Socializing is a good idea as you need to be able to work with the rest of your platoon in order to succeed.

Generally speaking, you are confined to barracks from the moment you arrive until you're 4th weekend (assuming your platoon isn't messing up), which means not only can you not leave the base you cannot go to the second floor of the MEGA, which is where the CANEX, movie theatre, gym, etc is.

Good luck on course!

when i went for my basic in march 2006, a couple of guys went to a bar that saturday night... :s

Sixshooter said:
when i went for my basic in march 2006, a couple of guys went to a bar that saturday night... :s

Oh lord. St Jean Bars.... I sure hope they went to Montreal and not Route 66...

Is that place still open where you can dance on the Bar...wooot...there was another that on Thursday nights, you paid $20 to get in and could drink your fill from 9 -12....made friday morning french course a little ugly.

Back