• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Question - Ranger Crse Prep

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping to attend Ranger School in january and I am wondering if anyone who has done the course has any trips on training... what they did for workup etc...

I am going to Air Assault School already at the end of November and I have been doing lots of training for that course ... rope climbing, ruckruns, etc; however, Ranger School is a whole different can of worms so I am looking for any training advice anyone can offer me???

Bah, your never goin to ranger school stymie! who are you kidding!

(just kidding man it's your boy prids, I'm glad regt is treating you well. stay in touch.)

This might help a bit:

The Ranger Assessment Phase at Camp Rogers has traditionally included:[3]

Ranger Physical Fitness Test (RPFT) requiring the following minimums:
-Push-ups: 49 (in 2 minutes)
-Sit-ups: 59
-2-mile run: 15:12 (no longer conducted as of 2010)
-Chin-ups: 6

5 mile individual run in 40 minutes or less over a course with gently rolling terrain

Combat Water Survival Test (no longer conducted as of 2010)

Combat Water Survival Assessment, conducted at Victory Pond (previously called the Water Confidence Test).

Combination Night/Day land navigation test - This has proven to be one of the more difficult events for students, as sending units fail to teach land navigation using a map and compass.

A 2-mile terrain run, followed by the Malvesti Field Obstacle Course, featuring the notorious "worm pit": a shallow, muddy, 25-meter obstacle covered by knee-high barbed wire. The obstacle must be negotiated - usually several times - on one's back and belly.

Demolitions training and airborne refresher training.

Modern Army Combatives Program (MACP) training was removed as a part of a new POI at the start of 2009; however, it was reinstated with Class 06-10. The Combatives Program now is spread over all phases and culminates with practical application in Florida Phase.

A 12-mile individual ruck march with full gear in 3 hours and 15 minutes or less. (The length and time standard of this event can vary.)

YouTube Ranger the ranger school documentary-if you haven't already.

You'll have a 4 hour period of down time and an 8 hour period of downtime-with stuff to do during that time.

1200 calories and 4 hours sleep a day for 61 trg days.

Check out forums like armyranger.com and some other American ones, there will be lots of info about Ranger School there

Back