• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

trades requiring grade 12 math

newf

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question, I finished high school in a different prov. and was taken out of grade 12 math so i could complete a course that was required in Newfoundland too finish.  I want to join and have started the process but scored low on cfat  therefore my choice of nes op was not offered to me, just wondering what trades require grade 12 math.  I don't really want to take another year to do night school, already 33 and want to join soon.  The cfrc gave me the option of rewriting the cfat but if nes op and my second choice traffic tech require grade 12 math am scared that I won't get in.

I am not an expert on this topic, but if the only reason you were not offered NES OP is your low score on CFAT, I do not think it has anything to do with you not having completed grade 12 math as the minimum requirement is grade 10.  I would suggest brushing up on your grade 10 math skills before retaking the CFAT.

Agreed, there is very little grade 12 math, if any from what i recall, on the CFAT. Mostly Grade 10 stuff.

Practice some online IQ tests, they usually help out quite a bit.

Back