• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trade badges

geo said:
MRM... you might be ripe for a promotion
(JK)

;)

Is that what the Bde RSM meant when he said "XXXXXXX, you were promoted twice more than you should have been!".

I might as well laugh at myself...everyone else is!  :blotto:

giggle....

Know one fella.... His boss told him he'd never make Major
So he says he's expecting a promotion to Lcol anyday now ;)

Hey Mud,
Whats your new trade badge gonna be....a mouse?

Mud Recce Man said:
Is that what the Bde RSM meant when he said "Shamrock! you were promoted twice more than you should have been!".

I got that when I got my first hook.

Okay, I just having come from the school asked this same topic/question to the Standards squadron SSM.  I could not get a straight answer.  However everyone in any chain of command that I asked emphatically said that the PLQ was not considered in the wearing of a TRADE badge as the PLQ/CLC/etc.. was not a TRADE SPECIFIC course.  I tend to agree with that point and those of us at the school put up our "tank w/crown" as a DP3 qualified soldier.  When I worked in training squadron a while back we had two version of the trade badge sheet. Both versions discussed in this thread were represented but like I said, as of August of this year, there is no concrete answer to the 011/00005 trade badge question.

Bzz

There are many interpretations however it is a trade badge and so PLQ would have no effect.  I was always told the same thing about 1 and 2 pcfs and then 1 and 2 advance courses.  That changed when the advance courses stopped.  The last word at the regiment was that you put up the tank after your first PCF wreath after the second.  Not clear on the tank and crown( I was told to put it up right after I was promoted to MCpl, again not trade specific but whatever)  I was told to put up the wreath and crown after I completed my DP3A.  If we were in line with the other trades it would be like this

LEO=DP1(DP1 includes a PCF right)equivalent to QL3

LEO and Wreath= Second PCF QL4 Which means you are trained(qualified to wear a hook)

LEO and Crown =PLQ(5B) and DP3 CC

LEO with both=DP3A Ptl Comdr(6A)

but we only know how to do things the hard way so we will make it confusing and keep it a secret.  Whoops outside voice again.

Spring.. that's the way I would work it too.. minus the PLQ part because you can't have a DP3 CC without a PLQ anyhow, so it's just for giggles that it's mentioned.

Great!  Now that we have ironed it out its time to get the rest of the Corps on board. *** I just hit my easy button "That was easy."

:rofl:

Nice one, I knew someone would find a place to use that one sooner or later.

;D
There is no actual paperwork...

The directive is maintained on a Etch-A-Sketch. :argument:

radop215 said:
so has anyone found the "official" paperwork on this yet?

radop215

Be advised that the rules that will apply to the Armour Trade Badges will not match what apply to Purple Trades.  Armour Trade Badges have followed a different criteria since they were re-instituted.

Did some research. According to A-AD-625-000/AG-001 (Canadian Forces Dress Instructions) Annex C to Chapter 3 (Notes)

"Army. Army occupation badges indicate both occupation and qualification level. The level
worn shall accord with qualification instructions issued by branch advisers."

211RadOp said:
......... The level worn shall accord with qualification instructions issued by branch advisers."

Armour Branch levels are dictated by Armour Branch.  Sig Trade Level Badges are dictated by Communications Branch, and so on and so on.

George Wallace said:
Armour Branch levels are dictated by Armour Branch.  Sig Trade Level Badges are dictated by Communications Branch, and so on and so on.

That was the whole point of why I posted that. It varies from trade to trade for pers that wear a green uniform.

ok, for us jimmies, does anyone know where this is posted/printed/made up?

Back