• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Took the CFAT and PT test yesterday...

Kevin_B

Inactive
Reaction score
Now I have to wait 2 weeks for a security check and them comes the med and interview. After I pass all that, do I go to basic training and then wait for a job offer or does the job offer come first (that would make more sense)?

I wish I didn't wait 2 years to decide if I should apply or not, I'd be in by now. Oh well....

yah... one thing is for certain with applying to any military... beauracracy is just plain painstackingly slow, but yah, you get the job offer on completion of all tests/medical and fitness, interviews, and final signing of paperwork, then you get sworn in (interestingly short ceramony) and you're good to go, it does take a very long time from start to finish tho... its unfortunate how many ppl miss summer BMQ and then decide to just wait on their applications and then either nvr re-apply or apply too late again, a true shame indeed.

for a timeframe, (mine personally)
I applied early December, 2003 (i discourage this b/c everyone takes christmas off and your file just sits there for a good solid month and a half)
was sworn in May 20, 2004,
made the 2nd BMQ course no problem, (it did come down to the wire timewise, but there were still open spots)
my kit is sposed to arrive june 24 (prays) which would put it a solid 3days before i leave for my summer BMQ (Reserves, Chilliwack Base, BC) (so much for breaking in my combat boots =()
Leave for BMQ June 27

So basically, if you want to gaurantee you'll be on the upcomming Summer BMQ, make sure u apply november or earlier of the year before you would like to go,
This is all for the Reserves so timing and procedure might, and probably does vary, when comparing to the Regular forces.
But i can't stress this enough, and I wish someone had pounded it into my head, apply early early early so you get your kit and know what everything is and does well in advance, I'm guessing, if you arrive at basic and you can't find yer a$$ with both hands, it'll just give the instructor more excuses to pick on yah ;-)

Good luck! hope this is informative

Thank alot! I'm going reg BTW. Also I thought all basic training was done in Quebec.

All basic for reg is in Quebec (i think, don't quote me) but for the reserves they are done all across the country at least one location  per province

Yes all Reg force BMQ is done in St-Jean, Quebec now...   it was going on in Esquimalt (Victoria) but I'm sure they stopped it there now.

Kevin B,

To answer your question, you will receive a job offer prior to going to basic training.   They won't send you if they don't have a position in your chosen trade(s) to offer you.

Good luck.

Back