• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This is why I am too good for grammar (a split thread)

Occam said:
Oh, but I'm sure you're aware there are trade-offs...  ;D

"I says to the other fella..."
"Where ya to?"
"Febuary"
"That's some good"
"I seen it yesterday!"

"Eh b'y, what's the happening after now?"

Got me for the longest time out in Truro, always thought it was "What're are you doing after/later/next?" Until apparently it means "What just happened?" Good times, good times.

I finally knew I belonged, when a new friend told me I wasn't "from away" anymore, after I'd been here a year! It amuses me when we have a workshop coming up at a group I belong to, and they announce that we'll have lots of people here from away, usually meaning from other parts of Atlantic Canada. The people and their expressions amuse me, but to my mind, they're the best, kindest, friendliest people in Canada, at least for the most part! Now if only my neutral Prairie accent wasn't so obvious to them . . . .!

commander said:
Thanks. It's truly depressing at every level that this forum seems to be run by grammar professors, that cannot look past that to the message itself. Your attitudes are no different than the people setting these failed policies for us. I hope you eventually become enlightened or perhaps more open minded and update your "policies". Please cancel and close my account as I will not return. Also, please save the flamming as I will not revisit the site again, no need to annoy honourable existing members with an issue between me and the site. Good luck to everyone and best of luck in all your future endeavours, and i mean that in the sincerest of ways.

That was much better.

And it wasn't too hard, was it?

Back