• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Things to do in your spare time?

AoD71

Inactive
Reaction score
I have applied for 031 INF a few days ago. A while back the recruiter told me that once I get all my basic training done, I'll have alot of spare time on my hands (which I'll probably be doing PT most of the time). What kind of groups and clubs do they have in the Army? I am into things like Mountain Biking, Golf, and Paintball. Any of that kind of stuff?? (Incase its different from base to base, I will probably be posted in Petawawa if I am accepted).

There is all kinds of clubs on bases: Martial arts, hockey teams, different sports leagues, climbing, darts... name it. Enough to keep you busy when you're posted after your courses.

I try to use my wife as a mattress as oft...ow, Hon, what the heck was...oh, Yes dear. Youre right, I shouldn't post that.

delavan said:
There is all kinds of clubs on bases: Martial arts, hockey teams, different sports leagues, climbing, darts... name it. Enough to keep you busy when you're posted after your courses.

There are also a variety of volunteer organisations to devote time to, and also minor sports and children activites you can help coach. Its all in how much you wish to get involved.

It doesn't matter because when you're on course theres no such thig as "freetime" although I'm sure i have heard of it somewhere.

there are lots of potential activities on base
If I use Valcatraz as an example.... Golf, Downhill & Xcountry ski, snowshoeing, fishing, hunting, blackpowder hunting, hunting with a bow, curling, rock climbing, hockey, lacrosse, socceer, snorkling, aqualung diving, parachuting,.... cougar huntin', and a whole lot more.....

LOL...... here kitty, kitty, kitty ;)

Do they have a Canadian football team at Valcatraz ???

Wolfe said:
Yeah but you have to dog paddle out to the Island to play with them....

Wolfe said:
Valcatraz is about 20 minutes outside of Quebec City.....
2.5 Hours away from the Alouettes..... 5 Hrs away from Ottawa.*

Back