• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Things i would change if i had the chance

marinemech

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a Area where we can talk about things in our lives we could change if we had the ability

Myself if i had the chance, i would have focused more in School instead of being the C/D student. I would have pushed myself in my early career, i had gotten complaisant and started to loathe people who called in always looking for the same thing, it was a sweet job and was easy money now that i look back. there are other things but ill close off with, i wish i would have applied to the CF earlier 

marinemech said:
This is a Area where we can talk about things in our lives we could change if we had the ability

Myself if i had the chance, i would have focused more in School instead of being the C/D student. I would have pushed myself in my early career, i had gotten complaisant and started to loathe people who called in always looking for the same thing, it was a sweet job and was easy money now that i look back. there are other things but ill close off with, i wish i would have applied to the CF earlier

Thanks for sharing, marinemech.  I'm glad you are able to see where you could've applied yourself more and you'll hopefully be able to dedicate the appropriate level of attention to your future endeavours.

On a side note, please utilize spell-check where you can and proper capitalization.

Best of luck.

Like Mar.Mech I too would have applied myself more in school and early work experience. I also would have volunteered more at places where I could have been needed like soup kitchens or Salvation Army. I have too long lived lackadaisically and thankfully still have my health and most of my sanity.  ;D

Time to increase my overall proactivity levels and prep for spring selection dates! :cdn:

marinemech has is right, highschool I had a 55% average. College I earned a 4.02 GPA. I was capable just didn't care much for high school.

Wish I had started hiking/backpacking earlier. Just started this year, had three good multi-night trips.

Wish I had quit smoking earlier, or not started in the first place.

The things we would say if we could speak to our younger selves eh? Buy Google stock, she likes you too just grow a pair and ask her, don't date so and so you'll regret it.

-Chorn

Reminds me of a "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" story where a man actually does develop the means to visit himself in alternate universes. While it starts off well, as he tells his less fortunate "selves" to buck up and get a grip on themselves (the story hinges on the idea that there are an infinite number of universes, each new one being created whenever we reach a "fork", two new universes are created and an alternate self travels down each road).

Of course the fly in the ointment is he eventually reaches an alternate universe where "he" is a criminal genius, who kills the first instance of himself and can now roam all the universes to do evil.....

Thucydides said:
Reminds me of a "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" story where a man actually does develop the means to visit himself in alternate universes. While it starts off well, as he tells his less fortunate "selves" to buck up and get a grip on themselves (the story hinges on the idea that there are an infinite number of universes, each new one being created whenever we reach a "fork", two new universes are created and an alternate self travels down each road).

Of course the fly in the ointment is he eventually reaches an alternate universe where "he" is a criminal genius, who kills the first instance of himself and can now roam all the universes to do evil.....

So the screen play was based on your autobiography then?  ;D

Wouldn't change much.....from working in the mines, diamond drilling, USMC, Viet Nam, various careers and lots and lots of nightschool, six beautiful children......can't ask for much more......

My pay has gone up and down so much in the past 10 years, i swear the banks are placing bets for when ill pass the 15 dollar mark again

Back