• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Vancouver Canucks Rule Thread! ha ha

Infanteer said:
Wow.  The hockey gods work in mysterious ways.  Back to back scoring champions on the most productive line in the NHL miss 1, no 2, no 3 empty nets (the curse of Tanner Glass) and two good break-ins (Kesler and Hansen) are stoned while our net may as well be a soccer goal.

Schneider is looking sharp and Boston, of all teams, is historic for choking.  Lots of hockey left!  >:D

So... you're saying Vancouver can't win; their only hope is that Boston loses?  >:D

Well, the roles are a bit reversed.  Vancouver only has 1 in Boston; Boston only has 2 in Vancouver.

This series will definately go down in history as something, regardless of the end.

Game 7 baby.

I can leave that game on a high note (as high as one can take a game 6 loss) - the Sedin's looked pissed, Kesler looked hungry and we go back to home ice.

We've scored 3 in Boston and they've only scored 2 in Van!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHSohROSt4&feature=player_embedded

Speaking of epic!

Infanteer said:
Wow.  The hockey gods work in mysterious ways.  Back to back scoring champions on the most productive line in the NHL miss 1, no 2, no 3 empty nets (the curse of Tanner Glass) and two good break-ins (Kesler and Hansen) are stoned while our net may as well be a soccer goal.

Schneider is looking sharp and Boston, of all teams, is historic for choking.  Lots of hockey left!  >:D

It'll be epic I'm sure. The guys here are blaming it on the reffing. Too fucking funny. Yep, must be the refs fault that Vancouver can't score when they're 6 on 3. LOL.

Good luck next game!! May the best team win!!

Infanteer said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHSohROSt4&feature=player_embedded

Speaking of epic!

I loved Raffi Torres' little killing spree and almost fell out of my chair when it showed Lucic.  That made my morning suck a little bit less.

The best part of the loss was probably Hank scoring.  Hopefully he does it early in the next game, secondary scoring is good, but it's called that for a reason.  Wednesday is the gold medal game Bobby Lu, I hope you show up for it. 

Lord Stanley's mug!  Take it! It's yours!

ArmyVern said:
It'll be epic I'm sure. The guys here are blaming it on the reffing. Too ******* funny. Yep, must be the refs fault that Vancouver can't score when they're 6 on 3. LOL.

Good luck next game!! May the best team win!!

Take a look at TSN for Vancouver fans comments. Apparently Vancouver hasn't deserved any penalty they have recieved this year and everyone they play should be short-handed for 59 of the 60 minutes in a game.  ::) Ringette fans, every single one of them.

Go Bruins!

Infanteer said:
No kidding....

Conspicuous by their absence. I remember the Oiler days where no one could stop Gretzky or Messier. So what's up with the Not Seen Twins?

2 Cdo said:
Take a look at TSN for Vancouver fans comments. Apparently Vancouver hasn't deserved any penalty they have recieved this year and everyone they play should be short-handed for 59 of the 60 minutes in a game.  ::) Ringette fans, every single one of them.

We're not all that daft, I've been hollering too, but only in asking for consistency.  Call it, or don't.  It shouldn't matter who made the hit or who received it.  If Vancouver dives, call them for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.  Don't let a Bruin get away with murder later in the frame to justify it, call the crosscheck.  When these two teams play hockey, it's electric.  When they start to trade cheapshots after every whistle, I'd rather be sailing or setting my shorts on fire.

The officials can't be blamed for the loss, we have a hockey team(and a goaltender, to some extent) to blame for that.  I believe that it's part of the reason that "non traditional markets" have trouble picking up the game.  During a few games with a group of new bandwagon fans I've been asked "isn't that a penalty?"  My only response "I dunno, really."  Something that was a penalty in the last game is all good in the next.  The officials have taken a bias both ways at times and the Canucks have gotten away with their share.  I'm aware that it's not all black and white, but surely they can be better.

I really don't want to tell my grandchildren about the year that almost was when I'm explaining why the Canucks haven't won a Cup in 100 years as a franchise.  By the time Vancouver gets another chance like this the Maple Leafs will be back in the 2071 Stanley Cup Final.

Edit:  Mason Raymond is done, for quite a while.
Sportsnet.ca said:
Sources close to Raymond's family told Sportsnet's Dan Murphy that he has suffered a fractured vertebrae.

Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos is reporting that the NHL will not do a further review of the hit by Boston Bruins defenceman Johnny Boychuk on Raymond.

Wow.  That's really shitty about Raymond.

I can't blame the refs when the PP is 2 for 20-somthing....

Infanteer said:
Wow.  That's really shitty about Raymond.

I missed the game for the most part assisting in building the gazebo from hell.

What happened?

I also heard Don Cherry on Coaches Corner....something about Thornton....missed it.

Jim Seggie said:

What happened?

I also heard Don Cherry on Coaches Corner....something about Thornton....missed it.

Raymond took a really awkward hit into the boards.  He was folded over went into the boards backwards.  It wasn't especially vicious, but it's unfortunate.

In regardes to Thornton he was probably talking about him firing a puck at Luongo during warmup, crossing center ice and chirping at him.  It's rare that I wish ill upon a hockey player, but I hope Bieksa breaks his nose en route to a convincing win.  He reminds me of Ben Eager or Dave Bolland; I throw up in my mouth a bit whenever they focus the camera on him.  I'm sure that a few people feel the same way about Burrows, but I'm a Canucks homer, so bite me.  ::)

Jim Seggie said:

What happened?

Raymond was coming in to the boards when he turned and hit in a bent over fashion. Looked as though he hit his tail bone quite hard. He was unable to support himself after the hit and was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital.

Confounded PAT said:
Raymond took a really awkward hit into the boards.  He was folded over went into the boards backwards.  It wasn't especially vicious, but it's unfortunate.

In regardes to Thornton he was probably talking about him firing a puck at Luongo during warmup, crossing center ice and chirping at him.  It's rare that I wish ill upon a hockey player, but I hope Bieksa breaks his nose en route to a convincing win.  He reminds me of Ben Eager or Dave Bolland; I throw up in my mouth a bit whenever they focus the camera on him.  I'm sure that a few people feel the same way about Burrows, but I'm a Canucks homer, so bite me.  ::)

Thornton's a dick, no question, but I'd like to see Torres put Marchand up into the third row seating a couple of times, little rat bastard.

Back