• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

the mystery pain

Romulus

Inactive
Reaction score
Ive been getting this strange pain during running recently. I run 4 times a week and have been doing so for about 5 months. The past 4 or 5 runs Ive been getting this weird pain on the left side of my very lowerback(probably about 5 inches above my left arse cheek) Ive tried a couple things to prevent it like stricter running motion and lower back stretches. At first i thought it was do to a sore lower back, I do allot of deadlifts and core exercises, but i recently got back from a 4 day trip without working out and i still got the pain when i ran today. Any ideas what it could be? Possibly my running shoes? they are only 3.5 months old, but I have done squats in them alot.Thanks for the input

I'm not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV but... It sounds like your sciatic is acting up and one of the reasons for this could be your shoes.  Now I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'm sure there are others coming along soon that could enlighten you more but you should go to the MIR see your Dr anyway.

If it goes down the back of your leg, it is another indication of Sciatica. I'm being treated for Piriformis Syndrome (spelling?). It is a small muscle that can cause aggrevation to the sciatic nerve. Stretching, time, and limited activity has been my regime for this for the past 5 months. Slowly getting better.

As always, I suggest you either see your physician or a sports/physioterrorist oops, therapist (or both) as your money situation or health care insurance covers.  Sounds like a couple of things - best to have someone look at it and check it out.

Cheers and hope you get better.

MM

Back