• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

the Infantry in Mississuaga

R

Reckless

After emailing the official army site, and the mississauga site I still am left with no answer to what should be a simple question.
So, here's hoping someone here can help me out..... ::)

Where has the Army selected to put up the new TorScot regiment in Mississauga?   The actual building I mean.
Anyone have an exact location?   I know it's being built, but WHERE! ???

I'm not entirely sure, but if no one answers in a week, I can find out for you, I am on a course with some TorScotts.

I thought I told you dude, back by ridgeway and unity drive, theres like these big bulidings there (mostly office bulidings) and they have to go in and either build a new one or have it renovated to meet CF standards for the MP's. Patience is the key.

From a different thread:

Mississauga Armoury
3330 Ridgeway Drive, Units 1&2
Mississauga, Ontario
L5L 5Z9

Vigilant said:
Yes, thank you for posting that. However, this is supposed to be a temporary location until the actual armoury is built (at least last I heard at stand-down).

Reckless said:
After emailing the official army site, and the mississauga site I still am left with no answer to what should be a simple question.
So, here's hoping someone here can help me out..... ::)

Where has the Army selected to put up the new TorScot regiment in Mississauga?   The actual building I mean.
Anyone have an exact location?   I know it's being built, but WHERE! ???

May I ask why you are interested in that information? Considering joining my regiment?

Well, he wanted the current address, so that's what I got him. However, since he hasn't come back in 7 months he probably won't see it, but it will be useful for anybody else who is interested and is searching for it.

My information is that there has been a multi-year lease signed for the current location. Do you know if there has been any funding for a permanent location, or any actual plans for that matter? It might take a while, as LFCA will want to monitor the success of recruiting and parading. And of course, the funding justification would be tough (building an Armoury for a coy).

I'm curious too whether a co-location agrement with Peel Region might be in the works, but that's just a thought.

Vigilant said:
Well, he wanted the current address, so that's what I got him. However, since he hasn't come back in 7 months he probably won't see it, but it will be useful for anybody else who is interested and is searching for it.

My information is that there has been a multi-year lease signed for the current location. Do you know if there has been any funding for a permanent location, or any actual plans for that matter? It might take a while, as LFCA will want to monitor the success of recruiting and parading. And of course, the funding justification would be tough (building an Armoury for a coy).

I'm curious too whether a co-location agrement with Peel Region might be in the works, but that's just a thought.

Last i heard (& this is probably old information now) is that there is consideration for a building to be shared with Peel Police location unknown & even talk of it being completed by something like 2010, but we all know that no construction project is done on time  ::) But we will probably be on Ridgeway for quite a while I would assume.

I recall someone saying you guys were either on a 3 or 5 year lease? If it is 5 years then the 2010 date would make sense, but who knows?

I'm really hoping for the best for you guys. It would be awesome to have a really strong presence in out there, and having a permanent Armoury building would go a long way towards that.

Vigilant said:
I recall someone saying you guys were either on a 3 or 5 year lease? If it is 5 years then the 2010 date would make sense, but who knows?

I'm really hoping for the best for you guys. It would be awesome to have a really strong presence in out there, and having a permanent Armoury building would go a long way towards that.

I'm kinda excited about being a part of something new & with lots of potential for my unit. I hope all goes well. It'll be interesting (& a little weird at first) to be heading to mississauga instead of heading to the Fort. The building is pretty nice too...maybe i'll post how things go once we've stood to for the year.

What I heard around the campfire is the armoury would be shared with the fire dept. And Hazel has given the go ahead and has funding,just waiting for DND to pay the rest. I hear ya swanita, I can't wait to get this thing going.

Can't find the TOR SCOTS armory? Go to 2 Chapel street Brampton and Join the Lorne Scots. They are a far better unit anyways.

ArmyRick said:
Can't find the TOR SCOTS armory? Go to 2 Chapel street Brampton and Join the Lorne Scots. They are a far better unit anyways.

No comment...biting of the tongue.  ;D  (I live like 10min north of that armoury & still won't transfer over.

We will see in the next training year Armydick. We have alot of work to do and the people moving to the new armory are VERY motivated. We will noticed,mark my words. It'll be alot of fun when the poaching begins.

Hi,

Do you guys have any updates on this subject? I'm getting ready to start my application process for the reserves and the summer course..I live in Mississauga so it'd be nice if i can join a unit here instead of Brampton or Toronto. If i can't apply for a summer course with a Mississauga unit, I'll have to join the Lorne Scots, QOR, or the 48th.

P.S. When should i start the application process if i want to get into the summer BMQ for 2006? I talked to a friend of mine and he told me recruitment for the course already started and it ends in December.  :(

Bui said:
Start now....the Toronto Scottish now has a company that parades in mississuaga & I believe the address has already been posted on this thread. If you are going to the mississauga recruiting centre, they can tell you the address as well....

As for which course you'll be on....I can't say for 100% but starting now will increase your chance of getting onto the summer. Most people that your friend may be talking about may be loaded onto the winter BMQ. But my advice is to do not hestitate further & start the process now.

Canada's Armed Forces expand to Mississauga

http://www.mississauganews.com/mi/news/pictorial/story/3116085p-3614071c.html

Louie Rosella

Grenades, machine guns and rocket launchers are coming to Mississauga as the Canadian Army opens a reserve unit here in response to the influx of city residents who want to become soldiers for their country.
Warrant Officer Mark Kendall said when Canada's Department of National Defence chose two years ago to expand the number of troops in the Army Reserve, the response from young Mississaugans was "unbelievable."

"The Toronto Scottish Regiment (a sector of Canada's Armed Forces) expanded when we started our recruiting in January of 2004, and today, of the more than 200 soldiers we have, 85 are from Mississauga," he said. "We saw the potential here and wanted to make it easier for future recruits by saying 'look, you don't even have to leave your city to train with the army.' "......

An update...
:cdn:

I am sure the Lorne Scots (PEEL, Dufferin and Halton Regiment) are really impressed given that Mississauga is in Peel.

Its the 75th Battalion, back in world war one they were known as the 75th (Mississauga) Battalion a part of the Canadian Expeditionary Force.

:cdn:

http://www.mississauganews.com/mi/news/pictorial/story/3116085p-3614071c.html
When reading that article on the above site, anyone else notice this?

I can't wait for the chance to go overseas and help people across the world," she said, noting Canada's current peacekeeping missions in Afghanistan and Iraq

I wonder where they got that info, cause we don't have troops in Iraq.

Back