• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Sarcasm notwithstanding perhaps the shooters had some military training of some sort. I have just learned of this about 10 minutes ago.
Since when is military training necessary to shoot semi-accurately?

I would argue the opposite. Very poor planning, inaccurate threat assssment, mediocre accuracy, poor preparation and use of cover or prepared positions, inadequate resources (people) for the task at hand etc etc.

It's almost like they only saw the tik-tok version of the Heat robbery or were just trying to go out in a blaze of glory and media.

Side note/opinion. 5.56 is great for suppressive /spray fire on a per pound carried basis but 7.62 gets the job done. If you can aim.

I understand that clip has been praised by gun experts as the way it should be done. Whoever trained those actors better have been paid a lot.

I understand that clip has been praised by gun experts as the way it should be done. Whoever trained those actors better have been paid a lot.
I saw that movie In the theatre fresh off of my QL3 Infantry course. Up until then, I had never seen a gun battle in a movie that used fire and movement and stoppage drills like we were taught. I was completely transfixed during that scene.

Watch the Terminal List.
Chris Pratt really goes into that role and the weapons and tactics side.
Action stars can conentrate almost exclusively on slick weapons handling without the need to focus on their accuracy. It's easy to go fast when hits don't count.

Action stars can conentrate almost exclusively on slick weapons handling without the need to focus on their accuracy. It's easy to go fast when hits don't count.
I know a few folks who worked with him for it. They did a lot of live fire to get him and the others ready for the parts.

IIRC, they hired an ex-SAS guy to teach the fire and movement.
‘Andy NcNab’ the Bravo20 author— aka Stephen Billy Mitchell - did the weapons work for HEAT. One of the first movies that put a lot of effort into weapons work.

I know a few folks who worked with him for it. They did a lot of live fire to get him and the others ready for the parts.

‘Andy NcNab’ the Bravo20 author— aka Stephen Billy Mitchell - did the weapons work for HEAT. One of the first movies that put a lot of effort into weapons work.
I thought the actual Bravo20 movie with Sean Bean had a good advance to contact scene as well.

It's great that they do that and Keanu Reeves has always been extremely well prepared for his roles. But he's still only using blanks and working in a very, very controlled setting. All the live fire acquired accuracy takes a second place to camera angles and the director's vision. When the director says "go faster" you go faster, sight picture be damned.

It's great that they do that and Keanu Reeves has always been extremely well prepared for his roles. But he's still only using blanks and working in a very, very controlled setting. All the live fire acquired accuracy takes a second place to camera angles and the director's vision. When the director says "go faster" you go faster, sight picture be damned.
Oh I don't know. He's no Jerry Miculek on the range, but the clip is showing he's no slouch with live ammo and different platforms either.

Oh I don't know. He's no Jerry Miculek on the range, but the clip is showing he's no slouch with live ammo and different platforms either.
Agreed. He well trained and worked hard to develop the skills needed to play the part convincingly. But that only partly tranlates to the cinematic business of angles, perspective and scene framing.

Hollywood has come a long way from the 1911 that never needs a reload.

Carrying in the mall apparently wouldn't be illegal (it's the mall's rule); refusing to leave if asked to do so would be against the law.

No military or police training. Taught by his grandfather and praised by the police for his tactics. I was sure the dems would charge him for carrying in a no gun zone.

From the article.
The new survey found that more Americans believe that their best protection in a mass shooting situation is a nearby armed civilian, rather than police officers or federal agents. Respondents chose armed citizens as the best protection by 41.8% to 25.1% for local police and 10.3% for federal agents. About a fifth of people chose none of the above — 22.8%.

Carrying in the mall apparently wouldn't be illegal (it's the mall's rule); refusing to leave if asked to do so would be against the law.
Trespassing is the extent of that.
Some states even have laws that one can’t have no gun zones on non Government property.

Some Federal Buildings don’t have secure lockers - so back when I had a badge they would often just have me carry my gun and sign in.
Now I need to lock it in my vehicle. :(

Trespassing is the extent of that.
Some states even have laws that one can’t have no gun zones on non Government property.

Some Federal Buildings don’t have secure lockers - so back when I had a badge they would often just have me carry my gun and sign in.
Now I need to lock it in my vehicle. :(
Ram has a gun vault option for the console 🙂

Back