• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Apparently some nutbar went around Langley BC this morning shooting a number of homeless. No word on how many hurt or weapon used.

Apparently some nutbar went around Langley BC this morning shooting a number of homeless. No word on how many hurt or weapon used.
All of this from open source: Super messed up situation. There’s a photo of what looks like an RCMP unmarked SUV with eight bullet holes through the windshield on the driver’s side. Can’t tell if outgoing or incoming, but I do have reliable word that all police are OK. Either way it speaks to a desperate takedown.

Everything I’ve heard so far lines up with shooter targeting homeless. I don’t have anything reliable enough regarding number of victims.

Police confronted and stopped the shooter and he’s “in custody”. It’s not clear yet if he’s “in custody” as a prisoner or as an exhibit.

It’s only 10:30 there. Expect more updates later in the day. Very complex, multiple scenes.

Police confronted and stopped the shooter and he’s “in custody”. It’s not clear yet if he’s “in custody” as a prisoner or as an exhibit.
Some media outlets are reporting that the suspect was shot and killed by police AND is in custody.

You can have a body in custody...
Yeah, I know. But the original article - which has since been updated - made it sound like he was shot and killed (pronounced dead on-scene), then arrested and taken to cells.

Yeah, I know. But the original article - which has since been updated - made it sound like he was shot and killed (pronounced dead on-scene), then arrested and taken to cells.
That would make a mess...

Paul Newman (Judge Roy Bean) killed a cowboy for cheating at cards then held a trial and fined him eight dollars. I know I know before the earth cooled.

From the article.
The new survey found that more Americans believe that their best protection in a mass shooting situation is a nearby armed civilian, rather than police officers or federal agents. Respondents chose armed citizens as the best protection by 41.8% to 25.1% for local police and 10.3% for federal agents. About a fifth of people chose none of the above — 22.8%.
The Uvalde debacle has been the NRA's best publicity in decades.

Everyone now thinks the Police are useless.

There have been a number of incidents that have eroded the publics faith in LE, Uvalde clown show was just the icing.
Rule #1: ABC (Always be Carrying) for you can only count on yourself.

One tends not to get a lot of press when LE shows up quickly and does the job - like the below
The latest news that I could find is three dead including shooter:

I don't think you're wrong. I think the public, rightly, expects POs to move towards the danger or threat and take personal injury and death as a very real possibility of that employment. And that sacrifice is expected to try and save the victims.

I also think the vast majority of POs are willing to do that.

Back