• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

THE GOOD OLE DAYS

You knew it was going to be a long exercise when the beer cans said RV 89 on the label.

still have one from RV89; also a Labat's blue stubby from our 100th back in 83...

I remember one Milcon in Gagetown during a liquor strike in NB. The Canex officer was able to purchase excess beer from the Labatts brewery in Moncton.

What was interesting about this was that all of the cans were labelled "Imported from Canada". So apparently Gagetown is not part of Canada.

cupper said:
I remember one Milcon in Gagetown during a liquor strike in NB. The Canex officer was able to purchase excess beer from the Labatts brewery in Moncton.

What was interesting about this was that all of the cans were labelled "Imported from Canada". So apparently Gagetown is not part of Canada.

Nah that was the stuff they were going to send to Quebec  ;D

Oh God! Oh God! Oh God!

That picture brought back things I thought I'd forgotten.

8)

I can see it on Google Maps in Gageown, but I thought I heard it was not there anymore now?

Whatever happened to powdered tea and peanut butter in toothpaste tubes? or working the underside of a Puff table and exercising the recoil systems with a ancient come along.

RDJP said:
I can see it on Google Maps in Gageown, but I thought I heard it was not there anymore now?

Trust me it's still there from may till sept...we have 64 tent pads.......

Colin P said:
Whatever happened to powdered tea and peanut butter in toothpaste tubes?
Or the allegedly condemned "cheese in a tube" allegedly contaminated with glass shards?

milnews.ca said:
Or the allegedly condemned "cheese in a tube" allegedly contaminated with glass shards?

I thought that was the honey?

Jimmy_D said:
I thought that was the honey?
I remember the cheese, and I remember using loads of the honey without any warnings or ill effects - but I could be wrong.

I thought it was the butter in a tube that went rancid.  Wasn't the cheese in a little flat tin that you opened with the P-38?

milnews.ca said:
I remember the cheese, and I remember using loads of the honey without any warnings or ill effects - but I could be wrong.

When I was a kid I just squeezed the honey from tube into mouth...

I just used the peanut butter on the "Toast" (mmm Melba toast)

NFLD Sapper said:
Trust me it's still there from may till sept...we have 64 tent pads.......

Good to know.  Not that I really miss it... ;D

Ah, yes, cheese in a tin. Winter exercise, driver (or maybe me  :))puts the tin on the top of the lantern to thaw it out. Can expands to the size of a baseball, somebody opens it with P38 and sprays molten cheese all over the tent liner. We didn't waste it, just scraped it off with crackers and carried on.

When you were on winter indoc you had to stick the honey in hot water or it would never come out.

And the ever present chicklets. I remember one officer on an patrol ex that I had politely request he stop chewing when trying to pass messages on the radio, because I couldn't understand what he was trying to say.

Back