• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The beginning Of my story

boomer38

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello this is the beginning for me I choose to tell my story here because I don't really have anyone around home to tell it to!

I am from a small fishing community on the south west tip of Nova Scotia and just so happend to be the only boy in my family to have no interest in fishing. As I was growing up I always thought about the military. I was part of 327 Unicorn Cadet corp for about 6 years mildly following in the foot steps of my brother who had aged out and joined the reserves 84th independent field battery in Yarmouth N.S .

After I left cadets I put the military on the back burner as I did not want to seem that I was just joining because my brother did etc. Basically did not want to have to put up with the small town BS from where I lived.

I finished High school and moved onto community college where I got my Diploma in the carpentry course. Work was really good for awhile then I find myself Layed off with 100 hours shy of an unemployment cheque. This was really discouraging and got me thinking about a career in the military.

mean while my brother was serving in Afghanistan and as we talked back and forth it was apparent to me that he truly believed in what he was doing along with making a difference in the world one day at a time! This truly inspired me to jumpstart into looking into a military career!

I was getting ready to start the application process about a month ago when I got word that my brother had been killed while serving overseas. This was a huge blow to me my brother being my biggest role model and support my entire life along with my best friend. I had felt the biggest loss of my life and I did not know where to turn.

So finally here I sit, getting ready to move on with my life because I know that is what he would want more than anything. Getting ready to apply to the Canadian forces and persue a career in the military.

thanks for reading Have a good'on

Cheers :salute:

-boomer38

Boomer38,

First I want to say I'm so sorry about your brother. Please accept my condolence. I'm sure he's watching you from above, he'll be your helping hand.

And congrats on your choice to join the CF regardless of this tragedy. Your brother would be proud I'm sure. That's really all I have to say. Good Luck!!!

Back