• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The basic training video

Does anyone know where I can get the BOTC video?  I saw it at the recruiting center before my DEO interview and it was different than the one I downloaded from the link provided.  The one that was listed is for NCM's I believe. 

Fry said:
Yep. I find it strange though that many of the recruits there are doing wide pushups, like real wide...

I found it strange people were doing push-ups by themselves....

Man, I just saw it  :eek:. I'm gonna get my ass handed to me during those inspections......dust under the bed??? lol  10 days to go!!!

Bo said:
Man, I just saw it   :eek:. I'm gonna get my *** handed to me during those inspections......dust under the bed??? lol   10 days to go!!!

Wait till you see them go through your closet, one shirt out of place, an your be seeing all your shirts fly across your room; change parades are always fun too  ;D. 

is there an inspection every morning? or just select mornings?

wow, didn't think it was every morning. I hope it's not real dusty, like overnight dusty, cause after spending a night cleaning dust, it would suck if it all came back overnight, lol... for some reason that' s what I think will happen though... Guess I'll have to pack a few extra swiffer mitts  :D

Fry said:
wow, didn't think it was every morning. I hope it's not real dusty, like overnight dusty, cause after spending a night cleaning dust, it would suck if it all came back overnight, lol... for some reason that' s what I think will happen though... Guess I'll have to pack a few extra swiffer mitts   :D

Don't worry.... You could stay up all night cleaning and the staff is still going to find something.... All you can do is clean the best you can, and keep all your stuff in order.

So, inspections are every morning, but do they count every morning? Let me use a better choice of words. Does an officer inspect every morning? I know in cadets we had inspections every morning, but an officer would inspect every 4-5 days or something like that.

Tip, do all your major cleaning at night, in the morning just do a quick dusting an your good to go.

Your MCpls an Sgts will do most of the inspections, every now an than the course officer and/or WO will be doing inspections. During my basic, we also had the STC OC, a Major come an inspect our shacks with the MWO.

The first few inspections, you guys will probably fail untill you all get used to it an work as a team, don't worry its normal. But if you all keep failing(especially near the end) your be in sh*t an loose a lot of your free time.

Does anybody know where I can get any other videos like the trade videos that you can watch at the Recruiting Center.

www.jointheforces.com  pick a trade, an you can watch the video. Although some of them are pretty old.

Yea they are old. A couple of them that I watched the soldiers didn't even have cadpat yet. You can also watch them on the dnd site.

George Wallace said:
Every Morning!

Stand By Your Bed!

We never had them every morning, it was 3 inspections per week, with one day of morning PT, and another day off. Guess it depends who your staff are and how well the platoon is working together.

The one I've downloaded from this thread has been made in 2001-2002, cause I recognise the Sgt inspecting the poor lads... I know that he's back with his unit now. Anyway, He was quite an impressive ( and a bit intimidating) fellow.

It was nice to watch that clip, remembering me a lot of details...

Reference the dust and all that good stuff, I swear the god They did something to the ventilation system in that place.... I'm telling you. I lived in both the green sector and the blue sector.
In the blue (BOTC), the air is quite decent and there is not of dust flying around (I mean, nothing special). Now ,in the same building (green), even though you're washing up the floor at 2300Hrs ,you'll still find dust bunnies under the beds, even though everybody else around DID clean their own spot...

That's my little conspiracy theory.... (no air filters in the ducts in the green sector...)

career_radio-checker said:
cough *air* cough *force* cough

Our course was half AF, half Army, with one Navy  ;D. You can make your own conclusions. :)

for anyone still interested in the first bmq video that this thread was intended to get

i uploaded it to google video so you can watch it right off google now.

http://video.google.com/videopreviewbig?q=BMQ&time=0&page=1&docid=8095366270300852822&urlcreated=1126349096&chan=Uploaded&prog=BMQ+VIDEO&date=Wed+Sep+7+2005+at+1%3A39+PM+PDT

Enjoy.

Uuhm, at least for IAP/BOTP, inspections are NOT every morning. Couldn't say for BMQ.......  You could check on the CFLRS website (link posted in another thread) for the weekly schedules.

Back