• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Gunner said:
I'll be in Toronto so you will have to run naked through Whyte Avenue without me.   ;)

:'( But you promised..... I don't want to do it alone.  >:D

Way to go Oilers bring the cup back home in game seven  ;D

vonGarvin said:
BOO!  That was about Billy B's fishing trip and the irony that he wasn't found until they won the cup.  So, we need to "lose" a Toronto Maple Leaf, and then find him, and WHAM: Lord Stanley is a' comin' home!

:D
That's all well and good, but where did his stick the hockey card?  His 50 Mission Cap?  His Nifty Fishin' Cap?  His Spiffy Missin' Hat? :dontpanic:

Enough of that and time for the game.
I couldn't believe my eyes when Passani finally clinched it for the team; it was the cheers and honking from outside that did it.  This was the definitive game in the whole series, but Edmonton played the same way for the most part: matching Carolina nearly perfectly.  When Edmonton scores big, like in game one, Carolina does likewise.  When Edmonton plays defensively, Carolina does too, as in game 4.  Always one goal differences.
Tonight was exceptional in that the Oiler's effort didn't tapper off as soon as Carolina got the lead, or evened the score.  Edmonton has more talent, but Carolina has more follow through.
At very least, we won one game in Raleigh.
The only thing I was wondering about was this:  Where's Laroque?

I CAN SMELL THE OIL FROM ALL THE WAY DOWN HEREIN QUEBEC! GO OILERS !!!! BRING IT BACK HOME IN  :cdn: :cdn: 

All together now:

There was something in the air that night
The stars were bright, Fernando
They were shining there for you and me
For liberty, Fernando
Though I never thought that we could lose
There's no regret
If I had to do the same again
I would, my friend, Fernando

military granny said:
Did you guys hear Don Cherry supporting the troops?
Yes I did Granny and I loved the hat he showed...any idea where we can get them?
Go Oilers Go
I haven't cused so much during a game in a long time...it was rather exhilarating
HL

Yeah, that was a great game. Lots of highlights.

The Canes were on the prowl too, with a knife between the teeth. They had great forcheck. But Oilers too and went deep in offensive zone.

Great game.

I said the second the teams were known that the series would go six games.

I REALLY hope I was wrong.

tlm.

MY DAD

Little David was in his 5th grade class when the teacher  asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the  typical answers came up -- fireman, policeman, salesman,etc.  David was  being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him  about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay bar and takes offall his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's  really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with  him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other  children to work on some coloring, and took little David aside to ask him,

"Is that really true about your father?"  "No," said David,  "He plays for the Hurricanes , but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

GO OILERS GO!!!!!

Nice one!Carolina is a team with a bunch of team rejects Jim Rutherford(GM) picked up,exept Douggie Weight,of course

Back