• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Terrorist Assaults on France (Jan 2015) - Charlie Hebdo, Executed Police, Gun Fights and Hostage Tak

Nice theory Drew, but we already know we in the West don't have the stomach to root these assholes out and burn them root and branch.  To fight these guys properly we need to be willing to get down in the mud and get even dirtier than they are, and there ain't much mud up here on the moral high ground.

Kat Stevens said:
Nice theory Drew, but we already know we in the West don't have the stomach to root these assholes out and burn them root and branch.  To fight these guys properly we need to be willing to get down in the mud and get even dirtier than they are, and there ain't much mud up here on the moral high ground.

Has anyone here read "The Devil's Guard"?

RoyalDrew said:
Why are we so afraid of these idiots anyways?  If anything they should be afraid of us!  The West could wipe these ants off the face of the planet if we really wanted to.  Jihadists should be scared of us, not the other way around.  Piss us off enough and rest assured, no quarter will be given.

This being said, this isn't about religion, it's about power.  Jihadists only use religion as a front for their quest for absolute power.  Let's not get into a pointless discussion on Islam vs Christianity.  It's ridiculous and does nothing to help the situation.

Here, here. Why are we even debating this. For all indications, the shooters are Muslim. They slaughtered innocent people. Quit trying to label them. They are Muslim murderers overdue for a dirt nap. Who cares if they're terrorists or just disenfranchised. Hunt them down and kill them on the spot. Otherwise, they'll use their trial to espouse their views and likely cause more murders by their cohorts who would be trying to force their release.

Jim Seggie said:
Has anyone here read "The Devil's Guard"?

I think the Waffen-SS are well past their best before date.

You're proposing an effectively expendable unit of western-equipped and -controlled forces whose welfare folks wouldn't give a damn about?

Brasidas said:
I think the Waffen-SS are well past their best before date.

You're proposing an effectively expendable unit of western-equipped and -controlled forces whose welfare folks wouldn't give a damn about?

Are you invoking Godwins law? ;D

Drew is right. This is like a cancer. 99.99% of Muslims are "healthy," 0.01% are diseased. We need to totally eradicate the diseased bits - 100%. That includes, in my opinion, about 7,500 members of the 7,000 strong Saudi Royal Family.

We know what the problem is ... it's time to stop pussyfooting around just because some gigantic New York PR firms tell us that Saudi Arabia is our friend; it isn't; it's our bitter bloody enemy and the sooner we crush it the better.

(I fully understand the implications: social, economic, diplomatic and strategic of what I'm saying.)

E.R. Campbell said:
This is like a cancer. 99.99% of Muslims are "healthy," 0.01% are diseased. We need to totally eradicate the diseased bits - 100%. That includes, in my opinion, about 7,500 members of the 7,000 strong Saudi Royal Family.
On target, but ....

E.R. Campbell said:
(I fully understand the implications: social, economic, diplomatic and strategic of what I'm saying.)
.... most Western democracies are unable to face the consequences of these implications (including "how much do you want to pay for gas at the pump?").

Less than 100 years ago, Saudi Arabia was basically in the stone age. I would not be opposed to spending more at the pumps to send them back.

ok, so we can call them muslim terrorists, because they consider themselves muslim, but we do so knowing they are a tiny fraction of the world's muslim population (the muslims that have such extreme views).
We can also call them murderers, thugs, jihadists and we all mean the same thing. They are bad people that need to die.
Now I hear they are holed up in a print shop in a village and have a hostage. They also want to become martyrs. Die mofos. Die.

Now there's another attack.  Shared under the fair dealing provisions of the copyright act.  Full story at link below.

Charlie Hebdo hunt: Double hostage crisis in France

Armed police flooded the Porte de Vincennes area of eastern Paris after the man reportedly opened fire and took up to five people prisoner.  He is said to be the gunman who killed a policewoman in the city on Thursday.

In Dammartin-en-Goele, 35km (22 miles) north-east of Paris, the Charlie Hebdo suspects are also holding a hostage.  The Islamist militants are inside a small printing business and have reportedly said they are prepared to die.

Twelve people were shot dead and 11 were injured in the attack on the office of Charlie Hebdo, a satirical magazine which freely mocks religion.  The unprecedented attack shocked France and there has been an outpouring of sympathy and solidarity worldwide.

Images of heavily armed Swat teams mobilising in Paris were broadcast live.  Reports suggest the hostage-taker is connected in some way to the Charlie Hebdo attackers.  The Charlie Hebdo attackers, said to be two brothers linked by intelligence officials to militant groups, shouted Islamist slogans during the shooting and then fled Paris in a hijacked car, heading north.

Shots were fired during a high-speed car chase earlier on Friday.  It appears that on Friday the suspects hijacked another car in the town of Montagny-Sainte-Felicite before travelling on to Dammartin.  The car's owner is said to have recognised them as brothers Cherif and Said Kouachi, the key suspects.

In a televised statement, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve confirmed the men being sought on Friday were those wanted for the Charlie Hebdo attack and said they would be "neutralised".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30740115

French TV live:

http://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/live-video/

One of the brothers and the shooter from the Thursday shooting are reported to know eachother.  They were seen together back in 2010

source : http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/lemonde/archives/2015/01/20150109-073308.html

Original post : Connaissance d'un frère Kouachi

Amedy Coulibaly, objet d'un appel à témoins pour la fusillade jeudi de Montrouge, dans laquelle une policière a été tuée, et qui est soupçonné d'être l'auteur de la prise d'otages de la supérette, a été repéré en 2010 avec Chérif Kouachi, selon cette source.

Google translate : Knowledge of a brother Kouachi

Amedy Coulibaly, appealed for witnesses to the shooting Thursday in Montrouge, in which police was killed and who is suspected of being the author of the hostage-taking in the supermarket, was spotted in 2010 with Cherif Kouachi , the source said .

The translation messed up the beginning (it's a tough translation). It should say

Amedy Coulibaly, who is the focus of an appeal for witnesses to the shooting Thursday in Montrouge, in which police was killed and who is suspected of being the author of the hostage-taking in the supermarket, was spotted in 2010 with Cherif Kouachi , the source said .

99% of the Muslims are not "healthy" Most are like abused spouses and require being "re-educated" They grow up hearing that Jews are pigs, Christians are beneath them and vassals. Woman are nothing but property. My wife grew up with this education, even in a moderate Islamic society, she said to be me last night that it's taken 15 years living in Canada to "Deprogram" herself and she is steaming mad at these bastards and the fact that a Saudi funded mosque has opened up near us, because that is where the plague starts 

cryco said:
The translation messed up the beginning (it's a tough translation). It should say

Amedy Coulibaly, who is the focus of an appeal for witnesses to the shooting Thursday in Montrouge, in which police was killed and who is suspected of being the author of the hostage-taking in the supermarket, was spotted in 2010 with Cherif Kouachi , the source said .

Translation, especially when dealing with more technical or trade specific vocabulary, is a difficult art. To render the French version into a corresponding translation in English of the same meaning, would go like this:

"Amedy Coulilaby, sought as an important witness in the matter of Thursday's shooting in Montrouge, in which a police officer was killed and …"

yeah sorry I really only wanted to link the original post with a quick translation , should have double checked it prior to posting it ! sorry about that !

Colin P said:
99% of the Muslims are not "healthy" Most are like abused spouses and require being "re-educated" They grow up hearing that Jews are pigs, Christians are beneath them and vassals. Woman are nothing but property. My wife grew up with this education, even in a moderate Islamic society, she said to be me last night that it's taken 15 years living in Canada to "Deprogram" herself and she is steaming mad at these bastards and the fact that a Saudi funded mosque has opened up near us, because that is where the plague starts

Exactly, I have spent the last !4 years developing my thinking and understanding of the variants of the  Muslim faith and why it seems to stand out from all the other major religions.(At least in its propensity to propagate extreme terrorists bent on murder and mayhem)

Basically, one of the core faith tenants, at least as it exists today, is the total lack of acceptance of any other belief and the necessity of all human beings to submit to Allah, and to force Mohamed's will on all human beings.

I don't believe this is  one of the main driving force in other major religions such as Christianity or Judaism.

Seeing live TV of what appears to be an assault on the "two brothers" in the print shop.

Colin P said:

She is quite right. Those Saudi financed Mosque are not the "Little Mosque on the Prairie". BTW on the "healthy" muslims issue, Christopher Hitchens has constantly argued that the main problem with Islamists is not that they seek virgins in the hereafter, but that they ARE virgins in the here and now, i.e.: they have never been allowed to develop any social skills in dealing with people, especially women, outside of the strict application of scriptures.

A lot of the fanatical ones constantly claim that there should be a limit on the freedom of expression where religion is concerned. What about turning the tables on them? Why shouldn't there be limits put on freedom of religion when my Charter protected right to "Life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof.." (Art 7. of the Canadian Charter? I suggest that making it illegal for ANY religious organization to receive funding from outside of Canada would be a good starting point and a reasonable limit on freedom of religion.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
She is quite right. Those Saudi financed Mosque are not the "Little Mosque on the Prairie". BTW on the "healthy" muslims issue, Christopher Hitchens has constantly argued that the main problem with Islamists is not that they seek virgins in the hereafter, but that they ARE virgins in the here and now, i.e.: they have never been allowed to develop any social skills in dealing with people, especially women, outside of the strict application of scriptures.

A lot of the fanatical ones constantly claim that there should be a limit on the freedom of expression where religion is concerned. What about turning the tables on them? Why shouldn't there be limits put on freedom of religion when my Charter protected right to "Life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof.." (Art 7. of the Canadian Charter? I suggest that making it illegal for ANY religious organization to receive funding from outside of Canada would be a good starting point and a reasonable limit on freedom of religion.

Interesting proposal. I don't think it addresses the core issue, though. As ERC discussed earlier, society has to root out the cancer, including those in the Saudi Arabia and all that implies. Not a pretty option.

Back