• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TDO PRes

Falange

Inactive
Reaction score
Good evening,

I have an RFI from a member who wants to VOT from PAO (Navy) to TDO in the reserves. It was flagged to me that the TDO trade is open for both NAVRES and Army Reserve (as per the recruiting website); however, since it is a purple trade my assumption is that the branch manages entry requirements/training. Before of this I never heard of TDO in the reserves. On that note, does anyone have information or at least a POC/OPI from CFTDC that could shed some light into how the trade is working/being managed in PRes? Thank you.

v/r
Falange

It is not really being ”managed”.

The info I have is that, unless you are a Reg F TDO (already qualified) and CTing to the ResF…good luck in getting luck getting trained. Unless they want to take the 6 month Reg F course at CFTDC. They have no interest in chunking the course for Reservists.

For giggles, find your closest NAVRES unit recruiter and ask them the question. You should get a pretty entertaining reaction…

That pretty much jives with my info as well. The likelihood of getting a CT and concurrent OT to TDO is at best microscopic. I tried to CFR an NCO with a teaching degree to TDO... let's just say "crickets".

Ohhh. What does a TDO do, if I may ask? Remember crayon eating level, former infantry here.
Think of them as experts that help flesh out and develop training for the CAF. They aren’t necessarily experts with the subject matter but they are experts at how training should be sequenced and delivered.

You are likely familiar with CTPs and QS. TDOs have their hands in creating those with various SMEs.

Generally they should have education backgrounds and specifically backgrounds in education/training development. I’ve worked with a few. One that I worked with was ex artillery and remustered to TDO. he had a masters in online training development.

Think of them as experts that help flesh out and develop training for the CAF. They aren’t necessarily experts with the subject matter but they are experts at how training should be sequenced and delivered.

You are likely familiar with CTPs and QS. TDOs have their hands in creating those with various SMEs.

Generally they should have education backgrounds and specifically backgrounds in education/training development. I’ve worked with a few. One that I worked with was ex artillery and remustered to TDO. he had a masters in online training development.
Said he with tongue firmly in cheek.

Thank you, this is helpful and definitely aligned with some of the assumptions I had.

Back