• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tattoo Photo Thread

Tpr.Orange

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all Im trying to take a look at a bunch of tattoos so i can help make a decision on one thats good for the upper arm...

Im a weapons tech with 25 svc bn and i dont want something thats going to be unprofessional.

I had a couple ideas like the triforce or the eme cap badge, or even the 32 bg patch...but i haven‘t really settled on anything yet...

Lets see what ya got? and if you have any ideas i might not have thought of yet.

You should think long and hard about that one. I have seen some pretty gimpy tats. 32 Brig? No. Your going to have that thing on your body forever. Do your self a favor and think of a tat that reflects who you are and will be for the next 40 years or so. Your family have a coat of arms or something? Chics will dig that more than a weekend warrior that has his brigade # on his arm. Why not ARMY.CA? Or MOM? Just trin to offer a bit of advise. It‘s your flesh.

I have had 6 tattoos for quite a while, the last one I got was a memorial tattoo for a good friend of mine in 1998.
Besides that one there are two others that I would choose to keep.

I felt pretty good about the other three at the time I was getting them, but time will definately change the way you view a tattoo, and now I regret them fiercely.

My advice to you would be to make sure that there is some real sentimental attachment or meaning to the design that you choose. After you have decided that you are definately going to get one, my next suggestion would be to make sure that you go to the top artist in your vacinity. Money should not be an object, if you have a 2 hour tattoo, be prepared to spend $300 minimum.

Tpr Orange getting a tattoo is something not to be taken lightly. First make sure you WANT it. Many army people get Regimental Tats, I personally have my unit crest (my avatar) Tattooed on my left shoulder. I don‘t know what the svc bn crest is, but make sure you are proud to display it. Second shop around for a reputable studio. Going cheap is NOT a good idea (HEP a/b/c, HIV, AIDS). Stay away from people who do it (tattooing) in there basement. Things to ensure they use NEW needles, they should open the pack in front of you. Also that they use new ink cups. That they sterilze you, that the machine is covered is protective plastice, they wear gloves, they have been inspected by the health department, and they keep records of thier Biohazard disposal. Some reputable shops in TO are Way Cool, New Tribe and Yonge St Tattoos.

I hear all of your concerns and i should have mentioned before I do know about the costs and the safety concerns.

I especially realize the impact that the tattoo has since it will be there forever..

Keep the info comming guys and thanks so far

Ive got a nice simple Canadian Flag on my left shoulder above the bicep. I have no regrets.

but ive thought about getting one for about 4 years, before i finally did it.

get your blood type tattooed on your arm or shoulder. it simple, practicle, and it makes you look tough.

Speaking of tattoo parlours, does anyone know of any great ones in Halifax or area? Clean, etc?

Merchant Maries!
Best place in Halifax, cleanest, most experienced and most professional one that I have found!
It‘s in Dartmouth, I can‘t think of the exact locale however. She‘s EXTREMELY clean and very, very serious about her work. It‘s not very expensive, and she‘s fast too!

http://members.attcanada.ca/~mertat2/

It‘s not a place teeny bopper go to, but it‘s also not scary like some places are.

Edit-I have "Hold Fast" underneath an anchor on my shoulder,It‘s in memory of my grandfather who served in the Royal Navy.

It took me a very long time to decide on one that I wouldn‘t regret, generally it‘s the tattoo‘s that are more about YOU and less about what you do that you don‘t regret getting!

Ugh you don‘t want to go there to Merchant Maries....I have heard nothing but bad about that place since I got here in ‘94. My wife recently got a tattoo and the Dragon and Butterfly on Portland in Dartmouth, really well done and excellent service. Apparently Skintastics is good as well...not sure as I only do my tattoos when overseas.

hey my girlfriend got her neck pierced or whatever you want to call that spot at that place. it‘s actually on the piercing gallery. she also got some tattoo‘s done there as well. they all turned out fine.
I‘d show you mine, but I‘d rather have my tattoo as a one of a kind deal, plus I don‘t think you want to sit at the table to for 2 1/2 hours to get just the shading and out lining done. took a total of 5 hours to get the tattoo done.
Greg

I‘m only speaking on my one experience there and it was really good, perhaps others have not had such good experiences.

There was a rumor started about her by another tatooer, but its not true has the proof online and framed in her shop, I think that rumor really got around the military circles and sort of hurt her business as well. Is that what you mean when you say you‘ve heard bad things drag?

Edit: Yeoman, That neck piercing looks paaaaaainful!!!!

Another think, I think I should mention Trp Orange, is when you get one you will probably want more (at leas an 85% chance of getting more, unless you are a wuss and can‘t handle the pain). I have 3 and have plans for 2 more that are going to cover most of my back. Also the amount of pain you experience will depend on the location. High pain areas are near/on bone, and areas which have very little fat deposits (like wrists and forearms) or are very heavily muscled. But it all depends on you. You will feel a sharp intense pain at first, but that usually subsides, into like a sunburn type feeling (it rather hard to describe). And with the noise from the machine and the vibrations you can "zen" out and not notice it. (until they hit sweet spots). Whatever you DO NOT drink alcohol beforehand in an effort to dull you sense. You will bleed more profusely if you which is not a good thing. Lastly I would recommend Yonge St. Tattoos and Yonge and Wellesley, they have a solid rep (many celebs go their while in town), very clean and they actually have a price guide for their flash, and custom work. Hope this helps

Maybe that is the case Che but the old "what if" adage holds true.

I saw a guy with jump wings tattooed the length of his forearm. I hope he was at least jump qualified! ;)

I saw a guy with a para trooper with his chute and C7 on his sholder....it was about 6x1.5

I‘m wondering about a tattoo for my inner l/forearm. I was thinking Celtic cross, but I‘m not religious. I‘d like to incorporate St. Christopher (as the patron saint of travellers and my namesake, much in common with the myth) and a Northern Scottish connection. Looking for something along those lines. I have a maple leaf with Celtic inlay on my l/shoulder. I get many compliments on it, so I‘m not certain I want to risk having the second one on the forearm. Any thoughts?

A popular military tattoo I noticed was the blood type and RH factor factor on the inside of the elbow.

O/RH/POS

I think this was a tradition started in the Waffen SS in World War II.

Correction:

The practice of having a "blood group" tatoo comes from the very first NAZI street fighting gangs. who "SHED BLOOD" for the party, before the blackshirts came into being. The tatoo was not the persons actual blood group, but a symbol that signified their having been an "original" party member.

The tatoo was placed in the right arm pit. Remember that the NAZI salute was given with the RIGHT arm?

Back