• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

target practice

A lot of people "cheated" you could say... like, they wouldn't fire many from the 200m kneeling but pump 8+ shots into the tgt at the 100m prone...

They sure as hell would only do that once with me standing over them with my big stick...and in that vulnerable position too. :eek:
How would you like these little %^$^ supporting you and they can only shoot from 100m? WHACK! :cdn:

Yes and the Butts NCO would be wearing my size 11&1/2 MK 3 up his ass,this type of crap is far to common.If they ever get around to putting the electronic ranges in at Petawawa,I think alot of troops will be in for a shock,there is no way to cheat at these ranges.

and ... this is what happens to your career if you fail to obey the RSO ...

MG34 said:
Yes and the Butts NCO would be wearing my size 11&1/2 MK 3 up his ass,this type of crap is far to common.
And I bet he used his 5.56 mm Bic Pen too!!

Yes and the Butts NCO would be wearing my size 11&1/2 MK 3 up his ass,this type of crap is far to common.If they ever get around to putting the electronic ranges in at Petawawa,I think alot of troops will be in for a shock,there is no way to cheat at these ranges.

No kidding.  I remember using the electronic ranges at CFB Edmonton.  Boy was I in for a shock when I failed the rundown; it was only after then that I really paid attention to my marksmanship principles.  As was said before, you can't get away with jack on those ranges.

It works; last time I shot, I scored marksman (Can't remember my exact score).

I also realized how important your marksmanship principals are after the shoot.

On Tuesday I couldn't hit jack shyte, and then we went and reviewed the MPs on thursday morning and I did a LOT better that day (well, good enough to pass PWT2&3)

Spr.Earl said:
*CDN*Blackhawk said:
a .308 which is somthing like 5.65 mm nato standard will be an excellent firearm to practice your shooting with, its kick isnt huge and its a good all round rifle. you will need an unresricted firearms liscence for this firearm.

.308 = 7.62 mm

Bah my mistake, it still nato standard thou

Well you are still wrong what the heck is a 5.65mm nato standard round,did we just switch over from 5.56mm ;D

If you really want to cheap out on the AR target practice get a .22LR conversion kit. Dirt cheap ammo and large legal mag capacity. You can also use it on indoor ranges which is nice in the winter.

MG34 said:
Well you are still wrong what the heck is a 5.65mm nato standard round,did we just switch over from 5.56mm ;D

it was a typo, but at least the numbers are correct....lol

Pardon me for jumping in a bit late on this one, but some of you might find this a bit funny.

Shooting is like fukking: if you can remember how to do one, you can remember how to do both...

The first step to fornication is getting a firm grip and a steady position, ^-^
then you need to make sure your weapon is properly aligned with the target   ;)
breath control helps you to shoot at the correct moment :boring:
smooth squeeze and follow through leads to complete satisfaction   :D
now repeat these steps untill you've spent your ammo, or someone yells "STOP STOP STOP!!!" :eek:

Now imagine this lesson tought to you by a crusty old WO, complete with simulated body movements!!!:dontpanic:

Ghostwalk said:
Pardon me for jumping in a bit late on this one, but some of you might find this a bit funny.

Shooting is like fukking: if you can remember how to do one, you can remember how to do both...

The first step to fornication is getting a firm grip and a steady position, ^-^
then you need to make sure your weapon is properly aligned with the target   ;)
breath control helps you to shoot at the correct moment :boring:
smooth squeeze and follow through leads to complete satisfaction   :D
now repeat these steps untill you've spent your ammo, or someone yells "STOP STOP STOP!!!" :eek:

Now imagine this lesson tought to you by a crusty old WO, complete with simulated body movements!!!:dontpanic:

hahaha an excellent moto

Ghostwalk said:

But if you dont do either regularily your performance suffers

KevinB said:
But if you dont do either regularily your performance suffers

Kevin if they offer you any leave over there, might I suggest Bangkok, especially the Sukhumvit Rd, Soi Cowboy, and/or Patpong Districts as a place where you might er umm keeep your skill sets up. Us taxpayers wouldn't your performance to suffer now. :eek:

BTW does one get the feeling that the crusty Warrant's markmanship theory lecture while effective, was not SHARPE approved?

BTW does one get the feeling that the crusty Warrant's markmanship theory lecture while effective, was not SHARPE approved?

HAHA!! I would give my right arm to watch this particular WO sit through SHARP training. It would probably be bad etiquette to say his name on a public forum, but he's the only Master Sniper in Meaford with handlebar moustaches. Here's a hint: He's the scariest guy on the planet.

Ghostwalk said:
HAHA!! I would give my right arm to watch this particular WO sit through SHARP training. It would probably be bad etiquette to say his name on a public forum, but he's the only Master Sniper in Meaford with handlebar moustaches. Here's a hint: He's the scariest guy on the planet.

Not enough detail... ;D Grab his moustache then let me know what happens...I will know by the response.
Or...you could confuse Master Sniper with Master Bator and that would have the same result. :crybaby:
I await your report...be careful,he sounds scary :-*

Back