• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Taliban will launch a big operation " Canada Free Press 16-Sept-06

Pearson

Inactive
Reaction score
Shared in accordance with the "fair dealing" provisions, Section 29, of the Copyright Act - http://www.cb-cda.gc.ca/info/act-e.html#rid-33409

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/paul-williams091606.htm

From Canada Free Press

"Al Qaeda and the Taliban will also launch a major strike (known as the "Badar offensive" against the coalition forces in Afghanistan during the holy month of Ramadan."

"Mr. Mir interviewed Dawood on September 12 at the tomb of Sultan Mehmud Ghaznawi on the outskirts of Kabul. Dawood and the al Qaeda leaders who accompanied him were clean-shaven and dressed as Western reporters."

shukrijumah.jpg

"No, not at all. We have a different plan for the next attack. You will see. Americans will hardly find out any Muslim names, after the next attack. Most of our brothers are living in Western countries, with Jewish and Christian names, with passports of Western countries. This time, someone with the name of Muhammad Atta will not attack inside America, it would be some David, Richard or Peter."

Interesting read.
"Badar Offensive" to be launched during Ramadan.
All suppose to happen with in the next 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

Seems to me like they are on their last legs...
The way it came across is as desperation, what they are doing now does not work as effectively, so they are threatening to change tactics.

"they must leave New York and Washington."      Gee, if this article is true, I wonder where a few attacks may take place...

I think the dude has a seriously inflated view of things.  The reality is that the rest of the world isn't going to roll over because some "Al Qaeda spokesman" issues a few threats.  It appears AQ are increasingly being left behind as the world moves on; so now we're seeing the "look at me!!" interviews with the media.  In any event the folks with the resources to deal with the next "attack" are probably giving it the attention it requires; not much for the average citizen to get fussed about, at least from this guy.  ::)

Didn't this happen to Yassar Arifat also?

Probably annoyed that Hamas has been getting all the headlines lately.

HDE said:
I think the dude has a seriously inflated view of things.  The reality is that the rest of the world isn't going to roll over because some "Al Qaeda spokesman" issues a few threats.  It appears AQ are increasingly being left behind as the world moves on; so now we're seeing the "look at me!!" interviews with the media.  In any event the folks with the resources to deal with the next "attack" are probably giving it the attention it requires; not much for the average citizen to get fussed about, at least from this guy.   ::)

Actually, OBL et al took quite a few hits from Muslim clerics (even some radical ones) after their attacks on Sept 11th for not issuing warnings in advance that is called for prior to any "jihadi" terrorist attack. Advanced warnings are required...so that the Infidel has a chance to convert to Islam and the average non-radical Muslim has a chance to leave.

Do you recall a couple of weeks ago the released video statement telling us infidels to convert? Now they are warning the Muslims to leave. Thus their "cycle of warnings" has been carried out and they can enjoy the blessings of their clerics.

See this link:

After 9/11, bin Laden received sharp criticisms from Islamist scholars that dealt with the al-Qaeda chief's failure to satisfy several religious requirements pertinent to waging war. The critique focused on three items: (1) insufficient warning; (2) failure to offer Americans a chance to convert to Islam; and (3) inadequate religious authorization to kill so many people. Bin Laden accepted these criticisms and in mid-2002 began a series of speeches and actions to remedy the shortcomings and satisfy his Islamist critics before again attacking in the United States.

http://jamestown.org/terrorism/news/article.php?articleid=2369367

I believe the part about them having passports for the countries that they are in.  Passport fraud is huge, and you can bet that there will be some Canadian ones in the mix if it happens. 
Everybody around my parts talks about "when" the next terrorist attack happens, not "if". 
I bet the names will be "Jason" and "Brandon" and "Kyle".  No good ever comes from those names.  ;D

IMHO, this is just another attempt at the "Al Queda scare factor" on Western nations.  They have been out of the spotlight recently, so before anyone forgets them, they utter another idle threat of "death and destruction" to try and get their names back in the paper.

If they were really planning something big, they would not announce it and risk jeopardizing their operation.

My prediction?  Ramadan will pass like any other day for the West…

Lost_Warrior said:
IMHO, this is just another attempt at the "Al Queda scare factor" on Western nations.  They have been out of the spotlight recently, so before anyone forgets them, they utter another idle threat of "death and destruction" to try and get their names back in the paper.

If they were really planning something big, they would not announce it and risk jeopardizing their operation.

My prediction?  Ramadan will pass like any other day for the West…

Having read my own copy of the Qur'an prior to, and during a deployment to AFG, and having a feel for how Jihad is seen in both moderate and extremist followings of Islam, I think you should pay close attention to the points made earlier regarding the clerics' criticism of Osama Bin Laden's actions of 9/11 and the fundamental basis for Jihad.

I do not doubt that there will actions taken against Western society...it's just a question of scale and effectiveness...

G2G

*edited for spelling*

Yeah, like some dude who looks Arabic with a passport that says David Smith on it isn't going to raise alarms! Ha ha AQ make me laugh.

Trinity said:
Naw... they'll take all the cools names like Lance and Ace.

"Brock Thunderstone". 

Just remember:  Complacency kills. 

There seems to be a cultural thing that pervades Arab/Islamic people.  That seems that bravado gets you a lot of credit, and failure is not the worst thing in the world.  If OBL got chewed out for not taking the right steps before the attack, then he probably won't do that now.  Plus, in countries with backwards laws and regulations that make it easy for the extremists to move around, they can be just that confident.  (You know, screwball countries that are soft on terrorists like, hmmm, oh yeah!  Canada) Think of Babe Ruth and that famous "pointing out of the ball park" picture.  If he had struck out, it would have been no big deal.  But since he hit one, everybody goes nuts.  Street cred is probably pretty important on extremist street right now.  I have to imagine that there is a finite number of really dedicated guys that are thrilled to be "martyred" for the cause.  The new recruits must be seeing a whole bunch of death and running, and not so much "we are the cool instruments of god" aspects.  They would want to have another spectacular 9/11-style incident in order to be able to give the next generation of terrorists that "I was part of it" feeling of pride. 
We also know that the terrorists tend to always do a "dry run" before an actual strike.  What if the London round up was just some unsubtle characters getting picked off before the big show?  Send out a bunch of your expendable low functioning stupes to probe the security measures, see who beef up measures then target the areas that don't.  I don't recall if the items that they had with them were determined to be viable explosive components. 
Make no mistake, it is coming at some point.  And only the bad guys know the "where" and "when".

zipperhead_cop said:
Make no mistake, it is coming at some point.  And only the bad guys know the "where" and "when".
and it only takes one idiot getting lucky to ruin someones day.

propaganda, scare tactic's " I'm gonna get you " blah, blah blah the last desperate breaths of enemy to stupid to know their beat and lie down and die.

odin said:
propaganda, scare tactic's " I'm gonna get you " blah, blah blah the last desperate breaths of enemy to stupid to know their beat and lie down and die.

Here's hoping.  Cover your arcs.  :-\

zipperhead_cop said:
I bet the names will be "Jason" and "Brandon" and "Kyle".  No good ever comes from those names.   ;D

How did you guess?...I mean nothing to see here..move along..

Back