• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tag Stories

Its the same when people try to test you by asking "What did you get that badge for?" my personal favourite answer is "For killing twenty people...with my bare hands"

LMAO I'm gonna use that!   
I STRONGLY suggest you do not use that. That person "testing" you could be me coming up to you to find out about Sea/Air cadet insignias, or a fellow army cadet trying to engage you in conversation and share stories. If i heard that, i would give you a heck of a lecturing on how you acting a fool affects all of us...then I'd make sure a senior or officer in your corps give you the same kind of lecture again.

rifle_team_captain_13 said:
I STRONGLY suggest you do not use that. That person "testing" you could be me coming up to you to find out about Sea/Air cadet insignias, or a fellow army cadet trying to engage you in conversation and share stories. If i heard that, i would give you a heck of a lecturing on how you acting a fool affects all of us...then I'd make sure a senior or officer in your corps give you the same kind of lecture again.

I actually did that before, I was at the mall and some Air Cadets were tagging there ... so I asked a few of them some questions about Air Cadets or what its about ... most of them didn't have any problems.

Ha, I wasn't going to use it in public, just between the new recruits and stuff. My CO would kill me if he found out I said that to someone in the public.

We went tagging like a week ago and this guy came up to us and hes telling u hes going to take his army tag to India with him and how hes going to show every one how proud he is to have it.. and then he starts going on about how the people shoulndt have to go to the army,. that the army shoudl go to the people.. he was talking to us for like 2 hours, before the mall security came and started yelling at him for harassing more cadets!  turned out we were the 4th pair of cadets in our corps that he had harasses that day about ihs india trip..

WO2_mandal said:
Thank you for the quick reply. I just Don't like it when people catagorize us all in the same catagory. LOL I also kind of forgot that most parts of Canada are, let's say brighter, than Scarborough.

Just an observation.  It takes away from your point when you argue against stereotypes in one sentence and then fall back on one (even in jest) in the next.

I got a lot of TAG stories, mine was just this weekend.
On Thursday I went with a Sgt. we saw 3 people freestyle rapping, and a 70 year old lady driving a sports car. Plus the "see you then" technique.
Friday I went with an LAC(Leading Air Cadet) equivlant to Private. It was boring, too many war veterans, and too many smokers and drinkers and no customers.
Saturday morning I was with a coporal and a Seargent, too many funny stories about flirting techniques, and the guy that says, "I'm in the Navy." Plus, the other guy that comes to up to me, and says, "I lost a friend in war, that's enough." In addition, to the officer from another squadron.

I was at No Frills on Thursday from 5-9. Nothing really happend. Friday 5-9, HomeSense. It sucked 'cause it started to rain a bit. Saturday, 9-6 was really crappy because it rained like heck. Oh well :-\
We made good money though!

There was once this REALLY, REALLY cool veteran I was talking to. He was waiting for his bus, (which he called his girlfriend, because he had to "wait forever for it to be ready".) He had a heavy accent and was born in Austria, turned out he had been in 2 concentration camps, married a supermodel and had 3 kids. He even started doing monkey drill with his cane. He then treated myself and two other younger cadets to pizza and pop. (I didn't accept at first, I mean heck, the poor old man needs his money, but one of the recruits accepted.)

Another scary time was my first night out tagging. A rather scary looking man with a stagger walked up to me and came in really, really close to my face. He started a conversation but I noticed he didn't really know what he was talking about. I caught him glancing down at my chest, where I had the button at the top open, many times, with his eyebrows raised and his eyes wide. I cleared my throat and he hobbled off...

Lexi said:
There was once this REALLY, REALLY cool veteran I was talking to. He was waiting for his bus, (which he called his girlfriend, because he had to "wait forever for it to be ready".) He had a heavy accent and was born in Austria, turned out he had been in 2 concentration camps, married a supermodel and had 3 kids. He even started doing monkey drill with his cane. He then treated myself and two other younger cadets to pizza and pop. (I didn't accept at first, I mean heck, the poor old man needs his money, but one of the recruits accepted.)

i always love talking to veterans that come up to me. i always here there stories and what regiment they were in. it really makes standing there all day more fun when you are talking to a interesting person.

Lexi said:
Another scary time was my first night out tagging. A rather scary looking man with a stagger walked up to me and came in really, really close to my face. He started a conversation but I noticed he didn't really know what he was talking about. I caught him glancing down at my chest, where I had the button at the top open, many times, with his eyebrows raised and his eyes wide. I cleared my throat and he hobbled off...

Good to see the loony train is on time as always...

i imagine that must have been a bit nerve racking... thankfully everything worked out fine...

I dont have any stories from tag day. But last time I did tag day I did 2 shifts in a row back to back, wont do that again unless I have to. I actually only had one conversation with somebody asking me how promotions work and just general questions about cadets.

A guy said how the government was secretly sending me over to Afghanistan to kill his people.

Back