• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tactics and Gameplay

The formula for CR regen is (sort of) simple. If you were at zero right now, in exactly 24 hours you would have regenerated back to full again.

The timer you see is how long until your next point regenerates.

So when you start, you have 10 CR. 24 hours / 10 = 2:24 to regenerate each point. As you increase your CR, that regen timer changes. Right now for example Trinity's CR max is 31. 24 hours / 31 = 46 minutes to regenerate each point.

Now Initiative changes this, it drops that 24 hour timer down by 1 minute for each point. So a user who has 60 initiative will completely regenerate their CR every 23 hours. Initiative tops out at 18 hours, so in theory if you hit that, you could regnerated from zero to max every 6 hours.

A final example:

Let's say you have 120 Max CR and 90 Initiative. We're now looking at
22.5 hours / 120 = 11 minutes, 15 seconds to regenerate each point.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Cheers
Mike

Math makes my brain hurt. Good thing Microsoft Excel does math for me.

To make a simple calculator to figure out how Initiative will effect your CR regen, use the following forumla in Excel (A1 is CR, A2 is Initiative):

Code:
=(((24-(A2/60))/A1))*60

Initiative seems to only make more sense at the higher levels, however it still a better investment to use 5 Merit Points on CR than Initiative (the same gain in time made with Init for me would take 15 more Init or 3 levels). At the lower levels, its a huge difference: 7 mins off regen with +5 CR vs. 12 seconds off regen with +5 Init. That being said, I'll probably use the merit points from incentives to boost initiative later on to get the extra kick.

PuckChaser said:
Math makes my brain hurt. Good thing Microsoft Excel does math for me.

To make a simple calculator to figure out how Initiative will effect your CR regen, use the following forumla in Excel (A1 is CR, A2 is Initiative):

Code:
=(((24-(A2/60))/A1))*60

Initiative seems to only make more sense at the higher levels, however it still a better investment to use 5 Merit Points on CR than Initiative (the same gain in time made with Init for me would take 15 more Init or 3 levels). At the lower levels, its a huge difference: 7 mins off regen with +5 CR vs. 12 seconds off regen with +5 Init. That being said, I'll probably use the merit points from incentives to boost initiative later on to get the extra kick.

Good gawd ... the "code" bit is worse than math.  :-\

How about you just email me your excel sheet??

Pretty please ...  8)

ArmyVern said:
Good gawd ... the "code" bit is worse than math.  :-\

How about you just email me your excel sheet??

Pretty please ...  8)

No problem, I can't attach files using the Army.ca email format, so if you PM me your email I'll send the file to you tonight.

PuckChaser said:
No problem, I can't attach files using the Army.ca email format, so if you PM me your email I'll send the file to you tonight.
I am functionally illiterate when it comes to 'siggy' stuff.

;D

PM inbound.

PuckChaser said:
When it says "Max XXXXX for XX hours", that means your possible top end is artificially raised by that amount. If you got "+10 Situational Awareness", it would raise both the current and maximum amount of SA. Yes, I know SA doesn't deplete but I'm using it as an example as there are no +CR incentives.

Okay, it did raise my maximum amount of SA but it didn't raise my current amount by 10. 

ArmyVern said:
I am functionally illiterate when it comes to 'siggy' stuff.

C&E Branch didn't teach me to use Excel, they're too busy figuring out how to best alienate every current member by moving the trades around.  >:D

Trinity: Max CR increases are just that, a boost to your max. +20 Max CR with a current total of 15/45 would be 15/65.

PuckChaser said:
Trinity: Max CR increases are just that, a boost to your max. +20 Max CR with a current total of 15/45 would be 15/65.

Seen.  thanks.

For those who maybe have limited SA in real life such as...me. You need to click on the medal you achieved to redeem the incentive.

What's the point of those "increase CR by 10 percent for 24 hours" type things?
I find them utterly useless.
Someone help me out here.

It's a temporary boost. The early ones aren't great but the later incentives in those series provide a significant boost, and last a week. The boost they give may allow you to speed up your progress or tackle a pariculatly challenging task.

bdave said:
What's the point of those "increase CR by 10 percent for 24 hours" type things?
I find them utterly useless.
Someone help me out here.

Well this definitely isn't how I envisioned making my first post, but seeing as how none of the questions I've had so far have been unique, here goes...

Using the "+10 CR for 12 hours" or other similar medals is useful when you're about to level up. By using it just prior, when your CR is refilled from levelling up you also get  the bonus +10 (or however much) CR from the medal.

What is the highest level of proficiency you can acheive on a specific mission? I have been stopping after level 5 on each mission because I saw some medals stopped at 5 and I assumed there probably wasn't a whole lot of benefit to go beyond that. I see the equipment gets up there pretty quick, I have level 10 on the C7A2 and level 7 on a couple others.

2010newbie said:
What is the highest level of proficiency you can acheive on a specific mission? I have been stopping after level 5 on each mission because I saw some medals stopped at 5 and I assumed there probably wasn't a whole lot of benefit to go beyond that. I see the equipment gets up there pretty quick, I have level 10 on the C7A2 and level 7 on a couple others.

Well, the higher you go in levels, the better the "return".

Here's one of my FOB Khakrez missions that is currently only a level 5:

Hire a local fixer -117CR, +1,527CE

I'm sure that it will continue to increase greatly in "payback" value at further levels. My payback levels at lower obtained FOBs did. Mind, I'm also requiring more than 7000 CE gain in order to level up.

Exactly, Vern. There is no top end. The CE gained the CR required just continue to rise, I suppose until you can't affort to conduct that mission any more!

I noticed that the ratio of CR/CE changes for a lot of the missions as they level up, and not necessarily for the better...

For Example :
Provide Overwatch for Roadblock : Level 1 -6 CR, +11 CE.  Level 2 -9 CR, +16 CE.  It's  better to stay at level 1!  Does this change as it progresses to higher levels?  I noticed the same thing with the Timmies one as well.

You can't stay at level 1 and accomplish missions. The proficiency rises as you successfully complete them. You'll get a better ratio of CR to CE as you advance through the levels and unlock missions.

I noticed that some did dip at some levels but as I continued to level them they increased the ratio. Specifically the observe a shiura mission.

Does anyone know <remember> what level you get the 5th AOR? I am trying to get the 500 int medal.

Back