• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrades- Improvments Over The Years

Good catch... Lost those in the upgrade a few days ago, but they're back now. :)

Folks,

A new menu system has been put in place. While some many not like it as much as the old, it requires significantly less bandwidth (in the order of 20k per page). This was done to try to reduce our monthly usage (which we seem to continuously exceed), but as a side effect, pages should now load a little faster.

I've done a bit of testing, and everything looks OK so far, but if anyone has any problems or questions, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

I cant seem to see the forums menu, it seems to go up instead of down as is the case with all the other menus.  Anyone else have this problem?

Ok, I've made a change... does it still go up?

The Drop Down Menu drops down OK.   Even notice faster downloads on my Dial Up connection.

Guess I'll wake up to a whole new look and feel if you keep this up.  ;D 

Gw

Alot cleaner then before.  I like.

With these new menu's did you somehow disable/remove the promote/demote function?  I can't see ratings nor the promote/demote buttons.  Is it just me?

No, that function is gone; it was proving to be a logistical burden.

Not so much that as it was being used incorrectly (i.e. a demotion because of a grudge against another member), at least that's what I've gathered from the posts in the "Off Topic" thread.

::EDIT::   Delete this post if it's going to cause something

When I scroll the menus at the top of the page, some menus appear above and off the browser window. As a result, I cannot access certain areas of the site. I am using Internet explorer 6. Thank-you!

Doesn't just improve the bandwidth usage, the menus themselves are a big improvement.  The old ones used to really annoy me.  Good job, Mike!

Nobby: If possible, can you tell me your screen resolution?

It seems like "small" screens won't be able to display the Forums menu since it's the largest...

Glad the menus are otherwise working OK.

I'm on dial up here at work, and I can see a noticable improvement in speed.

At home, this morning, I couldn't figure out why everything was loading up so fast.  I have cable modem there, and wow!

I like!

I'm using FireFox with a resolution of 1024*768 .. the submenus always appear in the upper left corner of the screen.. before the font size was decreased, they poped up at the right locations.

Hi greener, I'm seeing the same thing with Firefox... menu works ok, just pops up in the wrong spot. It's only for forum pages, all others work OK.

I'm trying to track that one down now....

Thanks

the menus don't work at all in Opera.  The main menu headings are there and can be clicked, but nothing pops up.

:(

Does it not work for all pages, or just forum pages? I.E. does the menu work on http://Army.ca?

Doesnèt work on any of them.  But Opera uses some pretty strict standards, so there's more than a few sites it has problems with.  I'm not concerned much personaly since all the pages can still be accessed without using submenus.  Just thought I'd let you know.

Back