• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support Our Troops - Stealing Magnets

I took mine off last night before putting my car through the car wash - great idea!

My father's had one on his truck for a few years now and hasn't lost it yet!  And that truck has seen a lot of mileage - multiple trips per year to the Maritimes (from the Trenton area), lots of time around universities (thanks to my sister and I) and the odd NS-NL ferry crossing.

That said, you should see the size of the cardboard yellow ribbon hanging in the window of his workshop in NS.  It's probably the biggest yellow ribbon in that county.

I'm seriously considering stealing one, do you have any idea how hard it is to find them here? I've been looking for a month and haven't seen a single one! (for sale that is)

I ordered mine online. I suppose I could have checked the armoury here but I didn't think of that at the time.

I'm seriously considering stealing one, do you have any idea how hard it is to find them here? I've been looking for a month and haven't seen a single one! (for sale that is)

If a person does support the troops, there is a way. The CANEX online store allows people to purchase the magnets and more.

thnx Krats, I was being somewhat sarcastic. I've really gotta start thinking about the "tone" in which I think things, doesn't really come through well on a computer, which kind of sucks, cause I've gotten sarcasm down to an artform.

I've never actually thought of stealing one, but they are quite difficult to find. Other than online of course.

I am from Trenton just  had to buy my second set of  Desert Camo support the troops  stolen from the back of my car with the new set I taped them on the inside of my rear window  ;D

anyone got ideas on why they are being stolen? is it some anti war hippy running around or just kids wanting to re sell them

18-and-ready said:
anyone got ideas on why they are being stolen? is it some anti war hippy running around or just kids wanting to re sell them

My experience of living in the world for the last 53 years is that anything you don't secure with nails, screws or a lock will eventually be stolen by someone who thinks they deserve what you have without having to go through the trouble of earning it or, by someone who thinks they are going to make you have a bad day by taking, smashing or defacing it. 

I was in CFB Gagetown for my BMQ and I was told that no one ever dared to steal a magnet off a vehicle around there ... and now I'm in Meaford on my DP1 and I still feel confident mine won't disappear .. but my mom lives in Hamilton and had hers stolen within days, same for my brother ... I don't know what motivates people to steal them .. ignorance ? greed ? stupidity ?

My wife was tired of getting her magnets stolen so she had decals put on the side windows on our van. They are 3 feet long and 12 inches tall. Steal that....

Junior17 said:
I was in CFB Gagetown for my BMQ and I was told that no one ever dared to steal a magnet off a vehicle around there ... and now I'm in Meaford on my DP1 and I still feel confident mine won't disappear .. but my mom lives in Hamilton and had hers stolen within days, same for my brother ... I don't know what motivates people to steal them .. ignorance ? greed ? stupidity ?

It's clearly driven by the underground market in ribbon shaped magnets.

Just a Sig Op said:
It's clearly driven by the underground market in ribbon shaped magnets.

They repaint them pink and advertise for whatever pink stands for!!

If a bunch of bums in Vancouver can steal copper address numbers and pipe from a damn church, I'm sure they have no problem stealing some magnets. Some people just make me sick.

I've had mine a few years.  Maybe because it's a temperate CADPAT ribbon on a green vehicle, no one notices it.  ;)

I can't see people stealing them being a problem in my town, damn near half the cars in the city have the magnets on them, and almost ALL the vehicles from the surrounding "rural" areas.

I just ordered 30  more magnets from CFPSA, theyre almost gone now and ive gotta wait a week or two to get em, we're pushin ten bucks each with proceeds going to Captain Trever Greene  on the 26th in Van. We are behind you sir.

Well, I spoke too soon.  Mine was stolen yesterday - either from the mall or from the organization where we did our company wide volunteering day.  I think it was stolen from the mall, though, because I don't recall seeing it when I was hiding my purse in my trunk.  :mad:

I just called my dad to report on the missing magnet.  I'll have to pick one up from the city - Calgary is selling them as a way of attempting to downplay the fact their employees are not allowed to put ribbons on city owned vehicles.

I thought that my were constantly being stolen, then I realized they were coming off in those gas station car washes.  :eek:

Back