• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Support Our Troops - Stealing Magnets

the Canex in Gagetown has the ones that mount inside the window.  Atleast, I think that is what they were when we stopped in on the way up last week to Qc.  I would have gotten some but my license plate holder works just fine... ;D

Yes, Canex now has the thin plastic ones that stick to the inside of a window, makes them very hard to "acquire".  Here in Trenton, I thinks there's too much support and sympathy for anyone to steal a magnet.  Plus you can get support "somethings" anywhere in town and Canex.
Cheers,

I had my yellow one stolen from my car in the parking lot at work... I replaced it with a cadpat one and bought a backup one for when some mumbly-peg steals it... knock on wood, that hasn't happened yet.

I also have the licence plate frame... had some guy on a motorcycle squeeze up next to me at a conjested intersection wanting to know where he could buy one...

The yellow support ribbons that are now on all Durham Regional Police (Ontario) vehicles are stickers so they don't get stolen - they had them made as a special order and they have the police service logo on it.

I've had 3 stolen so far........... 1 yellow, 2 cadpat.  Perhaps if they came with a little IED upon legal purchase that when peeled off a car they exploded some kind of bright coloured, nasty smelling, extremely hard to wash off dye...............  Word would spread not to f*** with those magnets once mounted on a car.  >:D

Regards

I had two stolen off my car (one cadpat and one yellow), wile it was parked in the compound at work.

I'm going to put this one on my car to see how long it lasts...(and what even torqued me more is someone stole the yellow ribbon we tied around our tree for my neighbour who is away right now.)

Well, I just hope they are stealing them to use them on their cars, as opposed to....throw them out as they "oppose the occupation of Iraq and the Americanization of Canada under the Harper Regime"  ::)

niner domestic said:
I'm going to put this one on my car to see how long it lasts...(and what even torqued me more is someone stole the yellow ribbon we tied around our tree for my neighbour who is away right now.)

I put one of those on my car when someone stole my yellow mangenet Niner. It's been on there for about 4 months now and no one has touched it. Although I do get a lot of laughs at red lights when people behind me get close enough to read it.  ;D

I've had three (2 yellow and 1 CADPAT) stolen off my car and two (yellow) stolen off the wife's van. We have gone to the widow decals in both vehicles (1 yellow on mine and 1 yellow and 1 CADPAT on the wife's). My wife bought me one of the plate covers, but they don't fit on the Sunfire's, so it is on her van.

On our fridge, we have a yellow, CADPAT, US Camo, Ft Drumm, Legion and two others I can't remember off the top of my head. At least the B******s who broke into my house last month didn't get those :)

That ribbon made me laugh so hard my sides started to hurt......... Somebody PLEASE tell me where I can find one of those "Some ***hole stole..........." ribbons.  I'll take 2!

Regards

I bought my magnet like that at Spencers, in West Edmonton Mall. I'm not sure about where its other locations are. I did a quick look on google and I see they are available online here: http://www.bwild.com/soasstmysuma.html

Hope that helps.

Mud Recce Man said:
Well, I just hope they are stealing them to use them on their cars, as opposed to....throw them out as they "oppose the occupation of Iraq and the Americanization of Canada under the Harper Regime"   ::)

Don't count on it....there are a lot of bozos out there with some pretty un-informed ideas. :clown:

niner domestic said:

i had one after i got 2 of the yellow ones stolen....well someone stole that too  :threat:

Had two yellow ones stolen - the Cadpat one I now have has yet to be touched (3 mths)
(must be the cadpat camo job :warstory:

I read this entire thread with profound fascination.  And somewhat ambiguous sentiment.  Stealing is wrong.  Period.  But to me there's something touching about a fellow Canadian who happening upon a Support Our Troops magnet, experiences enough covetousness to actually steal it.  Bizarre, I know, but let me explain.  The first thing that springs to mind is General Hillier's latest roadshow speech.  In it he shares with his audience a video clip from This Hour has 22 Minutes, where a news anchor, a defense expert and government official prattle on to the exclusion of any other intelligent comment about they each wish to make clear that they support the troops. (You can view the clip here: http://www.cbc.ca/22minutes/video.html.  Find Nov 21 2006, “I support the troops”)  General Hillier expresses…well…gratefulness I guess, that in spite of what Canadians think about the military action, they genuinely appreciate our CF members willingness to take on this difficult, dirty and dangerous work.  And the extent of this appreciation in Canadian society is unprecedented.
The second thought that surfaces is a little more personal.  My occupation rather restricts my usefulness in South East Asia ops, so when an Any Trade opportunity of my rank arose in ’03, I volunteered.  My younger siblings were supportive, but one older and my mother were not.  To them, my desire to go was incomprehensible.  The comments I got were “The Forces have brainwashed you”, “If you love me you wouldn't go” and “I can't believe that f-ing Bush is doing this to ME.”  I know their reactions sprang from concern, but I was unprepared for the aggressive anger they conveyed.  Until then I didn't fully understand what support means.  I do now.  It's any word or deed that communicates a respectful appreciation and gratitude.  Even the illegal deeds.
Should discover that my Support Our Troops magnet was stolen, I think my reaction would be, “Wow… somebody cares.”

niner domestic said:
and what even torqued me more is someone stole the yellow ribbon we tied around our tree for my neighbour who is away right now.
Someone stole one of the yellow ribbons I had around my tree.  Luckily I put a nail into the other one I have because it is still there although they untied it.

I'm sure I didn't.  I was reading "Support Our Troops - Stealing Magnets" when I posted.

Are we sure this forum is working okay.

WZukon said:
I'm sure I didn't.  I was reading "Support Our Troops - Stealing Magnets" when I posted.

Are we sure this forum is working okay.

With my mighty moderator powers, I have fixed your post location.

Back