• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

supply system?

mover1 said:
Now if only they can tie their boots up properly, zip up them jackets. Wear headress in the mall AND learn to roll their sleeves up properly.

You wouldnt be talking about the Greenwood mall now would you ?

Because that never happens there !!!  ::)

No, not in the Greenwood mall!!! Say it isn't so! How about coveralls tied at the waist, a black t-shirt, CADPAT bush hat, and non-issued boots while the CDS is taxiing onto the Ramp at the AMU. Oh and how about the Lt. Navy (no I am not picking on the Navy, he just happened to be a Naval Officer) with his black beret, Air Force Gore-Tex Jacket (yeah, the blue one) un zipped, spitting up something horrible while walking between 7 and 8 Hangar, and I am supposed to salute that!!

Never in the Greenwood Mall. Funny too because it isn't hte younger newer people either. Its the older Cpl for life types that are the biggest offenders.
Like the firehall boot drive yesterday. All the firemen at the gate. the MWO at the head of the pack. NOT ONE OF THOSE F)$*#%& WERE WEARING THEIR HEADRESS!!!!

Don't you find that it is usually the non-Operational types who do it the most.  Seems that many who work in those 'air conditioned' offices are the biggest offenders.....but I lay most of the blame on Base Chiefs not doing their jobs. 

I remember taking two paces outside of a shack in Germany, while doing up my Cbt Jacket, having a voice come out of nowhere, yelling at me to do up my top button.  It was the Base Chief, across the road, on the second floor balcony (took me a while to locate him), with his eagle eyes, screaming at me.  Good ole Mr. Slaney.  Don't make them like him anymore.  Most today ignore Dress and Deportment, or are afraid of some smartass charging them with "Harassment'.  ::)

Not going to name places but my support base is Air force.  We caught members of the supply group with field kit when we brought them out to deployment training in the field.  They had all the nice kit and who were they you ask? Just like everyone else has stated the Bin rats and their friends. 

When we hit the field on major exercises they wonder why we don't show any respect for them this might be the reason.

Combat arms guys need the kit.  You guys who don't see the field for years at a time (seeing it from the plane doesn't count) help us poor guys who get miserable and mad because you say we can still use the uniform when we are missing pockets and razor wire ripped one pant leg off.

Lets work together.

Let the government do their usual job and deny us stuff not our own team members.

MOOO! said:
Not going to name places but my support base is Air force.   We caught members of the supply group with field kit when we brought them out to deployment training in the field.   They had all the nice kit and who were they you ask? Just like everyone else has stated the Bin rats and their friends.  

When we hit the field on major exercises they wonder why we don't show any respect for them this might be the reason.

Combat arms guys need the kit.   You guys who don't see the field for years at a time (seeing it from the plane doesn't count) help us poor guys who get miserable and mad because you say we can still use the uniform when we are missing pockets and razor wire ripped one pant leg off.

Lets work together.

Let the government do their usual job and deny us stuff not our own team members.

I got a closet full of gortex CADPAT you can have.....i'll never use it !!

Most airforce people are not issued operational feild kit on a permanent baisis. Most are issued on an as required basis. Massive stocks are not held at supply. Therefore if that person is going on a feild excercise then chances are theat pack they are wearing is right out of the box  and brand new. Also it must be turned in right after the ex/deploment/training is done.

If you are still using a uniform with the pockets ripped out then get it exchanged. You were issued with more than one set right? You can wear those in the mean time.  Don't give me that he has it I don't whining stuff. Ask through your chain of command why you don'thave it. If you have good leaders they will tell you the reason why. And if the guy has it who doesn't need it then I can gaurunttee that when your boss and his has a talk there will only be one looser.

mover1 said:
If you are still using a uniform with the pockets ripped out then get it exchanged. You were issued with more than one set right? You can wear those in the mean time.   Don't give me that he has it I don't whining stuff. Ask through your chain of command why you don'thave it. If you have good leaders they will tell you the reason why. And if the guy has it who doesn't need it then I can gaurunttee that when your boss and his has a talk there will only be one looser.

Leaders can't do much if they don't have stock, the problem in Kingston is this , the green gortex isn't being made there for you have to wait for someone to turn in a Jacket. The new Cad won't be in general issue untell the spring for Army so you wait and hope

aesop081 said:
I got a closet full of gortex CADPAT you can have.....i'll never use it !!

thats soo stupid that airforce got capat stuff...they were the first to trial the cadpat rain gear to....yeah cause that will do alot of good ...on the back of a chair

a_beautiful_tragedy said:
thats soo stupid that airforce got capat stuff...they were the first to trial the cadpat rain gear to....yeah cause that will do alot of good ...on the back of a chair

Hey they did it the correct way
This stuff works buy it
Now the Army didn't so we wait

Your ignorance to what happens in the real world is showing.

mover1 said:
Your ignorance to what happens in the real world is showing.

Well you have to admit Mover it is funny that feild troops don't have it before the Air Force and really most Air Force personal don't really need it as much as say people from the F Ech. Traffic Techs are a wee bit differnt you work outside alot move Air personal do not

Ever stop to think why that happened ?

Guess with your vast experience it was easy to see how things played out.  Of course you probably think that the technicians that are outside on the start crew when i go flying dont need decent kit when the weather goes down to -30C.  I wouldnt want them in the best kit possible either  ::)

Its easy for you to het wraped up in this " the airforce doesnt need this stuff" since you have not the slightest clue what we do.  One could say that you as a reservist, dont spend enough time in the field to justify having GORTEX ( TM) kit but i've been on your side of the fence so i know it makes life easier.  Maybe before you comment you should educate yourself on what airman/airwomen do before you open your piehole !!

sigtech said:
Well you have to admit Mover it is funny that feild troops don't have it before the Air Force and really most Air Force personal don't really need it as much as say people from the F Ech. Traffic Techs are a wee bit differnt you work outside alot move Air personal do not

Nothing will keep you guys happy will it. If you like our kit so much why not trow in you re-muster and join us. Just like nearly half the guys I see over there. Besides Rain gear with reflective tape (which is a necessity when working on the line) would go over swell with your RSM
I have been in the feild. I have worked with some horrible kit. However I survived and re-mustered. When I first go to the airforce I was amazed, absoloutely amazed at how much the airforce works outside. When the weather is bad the techs usually call it a maintenece day. You can only fit so many planes in a hangar. The rest is done outside.
  Starts/ parks and 75% of the maintenece is done outside.
  So please don't give me the old ARMY deserves it first stuff. The AF has their own budget and their own requirements. If their powers that be were a little more on the ball, and procured and issued kit En mass faster than your ARMY supply chain can do, then thats great. Instead of chucking crap at us , someone should look at how we did it and apply those "Lessons Learned" to your own issues. And  ask through your chain "Why do they get stuff when we have to wait so long".

Just to let you know. And get this on topic again. Supply is going to be holding ZERO stock in clothing stores. If you have an unservicable or exchangeable item. Then it will take a maximum of 5 days for them to order it from the Depot and get it in your hot little hands.
  Gone will be the days of we don't have that. Now we are entering the days where 'It's on back order"

mover1 said:
Nothing will keep you guys happy will it. If you like our kit so much why not trow in you re-muster and join us. Just like nearly half the guys I see over there. Besides Rain gear with reflective tape (which is a necessity when working on the line) would go over swell with your RSM
I have been in the feild. I have worked with some horrible kit. However I survived and re-mustered. When I first go to the airforce I was amazed, absoloutely amazed at how much the airforce works outside. When the weather is bad the techs usually call it a maintenece day. You can only fit so many planes in a hangar. The rest is done outside.
  Starts/ parks and 75% of the maintenece is done outside.
   So please don't give me the old ARMY deserves it first stuff. The AF has their own budget and their own requirements. If their powers that be were a little more on the ball, and procured and issued kit En mass faster than your ARMY supply chain can do, then thats great. Instead of chucking crap at us , someone should look at how we did it and apply those "Lessons Learned" to your own issues. And   ask through your chain "Why do they get stuff when we have to wait so long".

Just to let you know. And get this on topic again. Supply is going to be holding ZERO stock in clothing stores. If you have an unservicable or exchangeable item. Then it will take a maximum of 5 days for them to order it from the Depot and get it in your hot little hands.
  Gone will be the days of we don't have that. Now we are entering the days where 'It's on back order"

settle mover don't make me call gramps and get him to settle you down  ;D

Ahhhh, so now I am a hired goon..................again. Don't worry sigtech since I have known you for many many years you get the special discount. Cheers.

Ya I know what you mean mover , I had to go up the chain to so I can get them to repair my old Jacket. So we will see where this takes it. Man we need a influx of money is a big way, when troops can't even get a basic thing like a Jacket we are deffently in the middle of sad sad times

Settle me down.
I had to settle that freaky thing down. He was in his drive way doing convulsions, frothing at the mouth. Good thing he had his helmet and bite plate on.

mover1 said:
Settle me down.
I had to settle that freaky thing down. He was in his drive way doing convulsions, frothing at the mouth. Good thing he had his helmet and bite plate on.

oh ya if gramps does that throw him a raw steak and a beer and he will be fine

mover1 said:
Settle me down.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks again. I seem to have lost my bite plate though and I may need it this weekend. I wonder if they have them in the supply system?

Back