• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Super Bowl XLIX: Thoughts, Allegiances or Whatever

Goose15

Inactive
Reaction score
Ready for the Super Bowl? I am! Gonna be cheering for the Pats without question.
Should be one hell of a game!

Let's here your thoughts, allegiances or whatever.

:cheers:

omg, intercepted at the goal line!!! Patriots baby!!!

Our Pats did it!  Outstanding....now I can be at work tomorrow with a big smile on my face!!!

WTF???

You have (arguably) one of the best backs of his generation at 2nd and goal and you throw the ball?????  Really?

Yea, that was pretty stupid.
After that almost miraculous catch to get them there, he blows it all by passing. Passing at the 1 yard line. Who the fudge does that?

Yeah couldn't believe that play call either!

Hell of a time to get your first INT for the kid though! He won't ever forget that.

Great to see a solid game too ;D Blowouts in the Super Bowl (presuming its not your team) are snoozers.

PPCLI Guy said:
WTF???

You have (arguably) one of the best backs of his generation at 2nd and goal and you throw the ball?????  Really?

That was an eye-wateringly dumb play. So much so, that I was surprised that the last play tussle that broke out was not Seahawk vs Seahawk. As you pointed out-Who goes to the air with less than a minute to go and you have the ball on the two yard line and you still have downs in your back pocket? Hell, they could have gone to the 4th down, kicked a field goal and forced overtime, in the worst case.

SeaKingTacco said:
That was an eye-wateringly dumb play. So much so, that I was surprised that the last play tussle that broke out was not Seahawk vs Seahawk. As you pointed out-Who goes to the air with less than a minute to go and you have the ball on the two yard line and you still have downs in your back pocket? Hell, they could have gone to the 4th down, kicked a field goal and forced overtime, in the worst case.

It was a four point spread, so they needed the TD, which likely would have been in the bank without that boneheaded call.  This is Ray Finkle laces out level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCOGH--E_80

SeaKingTacco said:
Hell, they could have gone to the 4th down, kicked a field goal and forced overtime, in the worst case.

While I agree with your previous thoughts, this is incorrect. Score was 28-24, they needed a TD.

Edit to add:

Infanteer said:
It was a four point spread, so they needed the TD, which likely would have been in the bank without that boneheaded call.  This is Ray Finkle laces out level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCOGH--E_80

Beat me to it :nod:

Stupidest play in Superbowl history, Pats didn't win the game, Hawks handed it to them.

Yes, but that was still a great interception on a superb read. Give some credit to Butler. The Pats did work hard to catch up and get ahead.
As mentioned though, it was a great, close game.

Back