• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

suggestions for RA or OT?

ptelaz

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently sitting on pat pl in wainright and my course doesn't start for another 2 weeks. I really want to switch my trade maybe even element but I don't know what to do. I am waiting to start battle school and don't know if I should try doing an RA or go through battle school get to my battalion and do an OT. I have heard plenty of storys since I have been here about ppl getting there memos ripped up right infront of them when they request an RA or an OT and get stuck on pat pl for a very long time what the hell do I do. I know once I finish all my training and once 30 days passes ill be stuck in my trade till the end of my contract anyone know or have any suggestions?

I'm sorry, this is not a sugggestion.  I am not familiar with the term RA, I was wondering if someone can tell me what it is...

What is RA??

And why would you cost valuable time, ressources, money and a spot on a course that someone else would be happy to be on, if you intend to request an OT after your course is done. Why have you accepted the offer to start with if you were not happy of the trade you got offered. Even more, Why did you applied on this trade???

Be consequent with your choices.

K maybe the term is not RA but that's what I was told but for an OT u have to be trade qualified the other option I am talking about is done before ur trade qualified. I didn't really pick this trade I was a reservest as infintry and the trade I picked was "full" so my recruiter told me to just do a component transfer and not worry about anything because after basic I would be able to switch to the trade I want but now its looking very unlikley and I really don't want to go on this course for just that reason someone else that really wants to be on it should be but if I don't ill get stuck here

Why oh why do you people accept things you dont want  :brickwall:

ptelaz said:
K maybe the term is not RA but that's what I was told but for an OT u have to be trade qualified the other option I am talking about is done before ur trade qualified. I didn't really pick this trade I was a reservest as infintry and the trade I picked was "full" so my recruiter told me to just do a component transfer and not worry about anything because after basic I would be able to switch to the trade I want but now its looking very unlikley and I really don't want to go on this course for just that reason someone else that really wants to be on it should be but if I don't ill get stuck here

First of all, what trade are you now? Infantry? And.. what trade/element are you hoping to remuster to? And.. why?

ptelaz said:

OK?  What is "K"?  Is there supposed to be a period or two in there somewhere?  Have you not forgotten a letter or two in your words?  What Trade is UR? 

Infintry.........Someone else spelled this word wrong.  It sounds like you may be that same person.  Would that be true?

George Wallace said:
OK?  What is "K"?  Is there supposed to be a period or two in there somewhere?  Have you not forgotten a letter or two in your words?  What Trade is UR? 

Infintry.........Someone else spelled this word wrong.  It sounds like you may be that same person.  Would that be true?

The degeneration of the Queen's English throughout the world as a result of IM, cell phone text messaging, e-mails, etc. really is an unstoppable plague...

Back