• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Storage question

trencher

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello

I am currently awaiting my QL3 course and I am wondering My furniture and effects are in a storage place. I am wondering is it possible to get the millitary to pay my $100 dollar amount storage fee since I do not have anything in CF DND Storage and Effects? A few member have been telling me i should be able to .

And yes i did ask my BOR and they have no clue what to do so I would rather know the answer here.

trencher said:
..............I am wondering is it possible to get the millitary to pay my $100 dollar amount storage fee since I do not have anything in Storage and Effects?

That is called "Fraud" and it is a CHARGABLE OFFENCE.

I suspect that is a typo on his part, George.

First sentence he says he has things in storage, then he says he doesn't... trencher, what is it?  Do you have stuff in storage or not?

I am guessing you have stuff in storage and want to find out if the military will cover it?  Clarify and you'll probably get an answer.  It helps to read over what you've written before clicking "post".

Bzzliteyr said:
I suspect that is a typo on his part, George.

First sentence he says he has things in storage, then he says he doesn't... trencher, what is it?  Do you have stuff in storage or not?

I am guessing you have stuff in storage and want to find out if the military will cover it?  Clarify and you'll probably get an answer.  It helps to read over what you've written before clicking "post".

True.  I am sure that if (s)he had done a Search or some reading on the site, (s)he would have found the answer.  Many have asked this question before.  However, should it not have been a typo, the CF will not pay for something that is nonexistent.

Instead of talking to your BOR talk to your F&E people - they are the ones that deal with moves and storage.  Assuming you meant that you have stuff in storage then they will ask you why the stuff is in storage?  Was it moved there because you were posted and move of F&E prohibited or restricted? Have your posting message handy.

if there is nothing in there then as George said - no, they will not pay;

if it is there because of the military then they will pay storage fees based on the amount stored - they will not pay $100 per month on a storage area that is only 25% filled when they could pay $50 for a smaller area that will hold the stuff. They may also have the stuffed moved from where it is into an approved government contracted facility.

By the way - once it is into to storage there is no in and out privileges.  Everything stays or everything comes out as it costs everytime the storage is accessed.

No No Guy's. I have been renting a storage container for the last 2 years with all my stuff in it. I do not have anything with F&E as in the DND storage.

Reason I am asking is cause i am on sick leave right now due to a injury. I am 1300km from my unit and I have called them and they tell me we will look into it. Now this has been going on for now 6 months. Before i write a memo and hand it in i want to know if the DND has a policy in the CFAO's for persons not using DND F&E.

Reason i have my my own personal storage place is because I was told DND F&E was a one time shot thing. So I am currently buying stuff to put in my house when i get posted, and i put it in this storage area here and there.

Does this make sense?

trencher said:
No No Guy's. I have been renting a storage container for the last 2 years with all my stuff in it. I do not have anything with F&E as in the DND storage.

Reason I am asking is cause i am on sick leave right now due to a injury. I am 1300km from my unit and I have called them and they tell me we will look into it. Now this has been going on for now 6 months. Before i write a memo and hand it in i want to know if the DND has a policy in the CFAO's for persons not using DND F&E.

Reason i have my my own personal storage place is because I was told DND F&E was a one time shot thing. So I am currently buying stuff to put in my house when i get posted, and i put it in this storage area here and there.

Does this make sense?

then the answer is no - DND will not pay.

If DND made the arrangements to store your F&E or gave you their blessing prior to doing it... you're in luck
If DND wasn't involved and never contributed.... you're outa luck... IMHO

geo said:
If DND made the arrangements to store your F&E or gave you their blessing prior to doing it... you're in luck

That was my take on the situation too.

geo said:

Hes buying stuff now, for when he gets posted and putting it in storage. Thus hes SOL.

Cute. Nope i have a 20 x 10 x 10 full of furniture that i filled before my re entree.

trencher said:
Cute. Nope i have a 20 x 10 x 10 full of furniture that i filled before my re entree.

So you put stuff in storage before getting in ?

trencher said:

sooo.... which is it - one post you say you are buying the stuff now and putting into it then the next you say you filled it before.

Regardless - DND will not pay for your personal storage space.  Upon enrolment/posting if move is restricted/prohibited a single mbr can have their stuff moved into storage through the base F&E/MOVE section and DND pays for the move plus the storage until mbr is given a cost move. This storage does not have any access privileges.

Go and see your move sect and find out from them if you qualify for this.  If you want to keep accessing your stuff then that is your problem and you pay - DND should not have to pay extra so you can have a privilege.

Yes oh sorry there is about you know a few CU feet not being used when i enrolled. Regardless the storage place is in petawawa. Reason i asked cause i heard a few guys have done this and dnd pays for the storage. Ok i will go see F&E and see what they say here in ottawa. Another reason is i was told that DND will store my sled out side in a compond ?? this is stupid i find that they will store a vehicle of some sort in a fenced in field were it can be damaged from uv light and storms and wildlife ???

trencher said:
Yes oh sorry there is about you know a few CU feet not being used when i enrolled. Regardless the storage place is in petawawa. Reason i asked cause i heard a few guys have done this and dnd pays for the storage. Ok i will go see F&E and see what they say here in ottawa. Another reason is i was told that DND will store my sled out side in a compond ?? this is stupid i find that they will store a vehicle of some sort in a fenced in field were it can be damaged from uv light and storms and wildlife ???
Storing your sled outside in a compound probably does not cost them anything. As you mention in Ottawa then it is most likely that they will allow you to store it in the compound at Uplands at your own risk.

Well guys i was on course last year and i had a knee injury. I am going back on course in a month for 5 months. My question is this. I currently live with my parents and my parents want to move and i need to store my stuff. What are my options ?

Can i go get a storage container to put my stuff in and the millitary will reinburse me

Can i put my stuff in millitary storage.

OR am i Shit out of luck ?

Ok when i went back in cfrg told me i did not have enough articles to store as they wanted me gone in 5 days so i could not store things.

I am now having some issues at home and need to store my stuff what are my options?

***Final comment removed by CSA 105 on 9 Feb 09 due to irrelevance***

My colleague posted that while I was attempting to formally introduce you to the Warning System. The site upgrade seems to have affected it. That will be corrected by the time that another such ignorant and uncivil post appears from you. Watch your step, and mind your manners.

Back