• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

starting week 7 tomorow...

e_pelletier

Inactive
Reaction score
already in week 7 starting tomorow, so far so good , big week coming up , 3 big exams this week, 1 writin test on military life in general, 1 drill test and 1 gun test, and also re-test on people who did not pass some tests on weeks 2 and 3, after that its off to farnham for 2 weeks   then its graduation week. life on base is not that hard but its not that easy either.

One of the better quotes from basic what a Sgt on the range saying: "Who's here for the gun show??" then flexing.

Definitely not a term that flys with the instructors and the arty guys can get pretty uptight if they hear it.

HA! Gun test! Bah!!! If I'd called it that on my C7 Weapons Handling Test they'd of f*ckin' fed me my day 2 pair of boots for lunch, and since I don't have a second pair, probably someone else's which IMHO is WORSE!!!  :p

Just completed that test today and scored: YOU got'r, PERFECT!!!  :warstory:  :threat:  :salute:  :cdn:

Yeah I'm happy about it. We're only on week 5 though, reserve BMQ. I suppose in reg force BMQ you guys have more time so you can spread sh*t out so I guess that's why yours was on week 7??? That or it was organized differently by course staff...

The handling test (for our course of idiots anyway) was difficult for most. Only 5 out of 28 guys actually passed with NO mistakes at all. Then, about 1/3 failed the test basically. But, it seems by things that didn't warrant immediate action from the course, only those who failed in regards to safety got Formal Written Warnings and given a second chance.....

We also had our first drill PO check 2 weeks (1 actual BMQ weekend for us) ago. Passed that with 1 mistake.

PS> Don't forget about that little "Safety" switch...

How did you score perfect, It is a pass or fail test. You did not make any mistakes?? Who assessed you?

I think perhaps it's a language barrier re: "The Gun Test"

They cram two weeks of material into one weekend?

Ohh yeah, and you don't realise until it's over how eerily quickly things are moving.

There was one point where I really questioned whether or not one of the other goons on my course should be allowed to touch a rifle.

How did you score perfect, It is a pass or fail test. You did not make any mistakes?? Who assessed you?

Yes it's a pass or fail but I didn't make even 1 mistake. No minor, nothing major, not any at all!

My Section Commander was my tester...

Yeah they DO all the crap 2 weeks into 1 weekend it seems. We wakeup at 0430hrs, get off on our own time (if we're LUCKY) at about 2130-2200hrs each night. It's crazy but it's effective. They actually let us all sleep until 0630hrs the night before our Weapons handling test and we all thought we died and went to heaven!!!

Joe

Pte (R) Joe said:
Yeah they DO all the crap 2 weeks into 1 weekend it seems. We wakeup at 0430hrs, get off on our own time (if we're LUCKY) at about 2130-2200hrs each night. It's crazy but it's effective. They actually let us all sleep until 0630hrs the night before our Weapons handling test and we all thought we died and went to heaven!!!

Joe

So how much of the reg force BMQ is covered in the Res BMQ?

From what I remember, every topic is covered to the extent that it can be, but in less time.
The instructors are generally very good at what they do however so pound for pound it's not as bad as it sounds for the most part.

I believe the nav-res runs continuous BMQ (straight through the summer) where the Reg Force BMQ is mirrored nearly exacly from what I've heard.

Back