• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Standalone M203

I know a lot of lefties love them -- as it lets them use their right thumb to trip the barrel latch.

However I dont see a point on a standalone GL -- since the point of going to a stand alone is to not encumber you or your primary weapon.  -- This would only add something with another corner and greater weight to get cuaght up.

$300 WTF for a piece of aluminum. I saw a good sturdy plastic on in Guns & Ammo magazine for $20 us if I'm not mistaken. and about a stand alone launcher Colt Canada (Diemaco) have just put a new launcher out with its own stand alone rig. they call it the Eagle and it has its own pistol grip and the biggest thing instead of sliding action the barrel swings to the left or right depending on operatorand and it is also weaver rail mounted. awsome piece of kit, whether regular infantry grenadier will ever see them is beyond me.

http://www.coltcanada.ca/eagle-page.htm

:cheers:

ProPatria031 said:
.... Colt Canada (Diemaco) have just put a new launcher out with its own stand alone rig. they call it the Eagle........

They didn't "just put it out".  It's been around for awhile.

You may be right, but when I visited the Colt Canada factory during my DP1 (battle school) and the gunsmiths told us that they just put it in production.

ProPatria031 said:
You may be right, but when I visited the Colt Canada factory during my DP1 (battle school) and the gunsmiths told us that they just put it in production.

Roger.

I was there not too long ago myself infact.

ProPatria031 said:
$300 WTF for a piece of aluminum. I saw a good sturdy plastic on in Guns & Ammo magazine for $20 us if I'm not mistaken.
Can you recall the company that manufactured it or sold it?

The M203 grip is about the stupidest thing I have seen lately, it places the support hand too low for a good shooting position as the Canadian M203 mounts  lower than the US version  and the grip allows the user to place too much tourque on the M203 as now the user can apply pressure left or right when opening/colosing the M203 this can lead to a failure of the unit and actually slows down reload times as the ergonomics are wrong. Save your money troops and put it towards a better optic.
  I've tried one out in A'stan ( fired around 20 or so rounds ) the standard grip was much better.
As for a standalone M203, this was tried about oh 40 yrs ago, they realized then that it was useless same as it is now as it takes either the 40mm launcher or a rifleman out of the fight at any given time, the M203 ain't perfect but it is the 90% solution

Ditto to the good WO.
  The only guys that I know that like the grip are southpaws.

Plus it makes mounting of the PSQ-18 an impossibility (which is also impossible with either the Diemaco POS Eagle or the HK AG/C)
  I need to find an inventive FCS Tech and Mat tech - as I want to cut up a PSQ-18 for mounting to the side of a HK gl.)  Bah whats a $4k IR laser if you cant mount it.  ;)

Kevin- Just epoxy as chunk of plastic rail to the side....a good CF small arms style upgrade....... ad hoc and totally useless :)

LOL

The PSQ-18 mounts to the M203 bbl though.  And the genius's that designed it made the battery  housing on the bottom and the activation on the left side of the bbl bracket.
  I'll toss up some pics in another thread as soon as I can get pics download on this new laptop.

Infidel-6 said:
Ditto to the good WO.
  The only guys that I know that like the grip are southpaws.

Plus it makes mounting of the PSQ-18 an impossibility (which is also impossible with either the Diemaco POS Eagle or the HK AG/C)
  I need to find an inventive FCS Tech and Mat tech - as I want to cut up a PSQ-18 for mounting to the side of a HK gl.)  Bah whats a $4k IR laser if you cant mount it.  ;)

What's wrong with the Colt Eagle?  Just curious....

Back