• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SQ????

caine737

Inactive
Reaction score
what the heck is SQ????sorry i've been in for almost 9 and i don't know this abreviation stand for...

In what context?

Go to the SQ.= Squadron Quartermaster.

I completed my SQ. = Soldier Qualification Course, more info here http://army.ca/forums/threads/23622.0.html 

Hope that helps.

E45

Chimo!

ok thank u that mean soldier qualification... new thing created to fill timing?

It's the second course (after BMQ) that I THOUGHT everybody in the CF (Army at least) had to take.

The SQ crse was a fairly recent thing (2-3 yrs).  Frenchie would've done the old QL2 crse which is more or less the equivilent to BMQ + SQ.

Da_man said:
based on your profile your a cpl with 8 ½ years of exp...

Whats your point ? Based on your profile you are a private with 0 experience......

Da_man learn something for your life experience, it's not because u have 8.10 or 20 years of experience in a domain that u cannot learn something new. everybody learn everyday.

Secondo the army change stuff around all the time, u will learn that later in ur carrer if u stay enough long.

.....and it will be changing again.  The content of the SQ is going to be mostly absorbed back into the BMQ course, which will become longer.  Any remaining elements will be pushed to the various DP1 trades courses (at least for Combat Arms).  I don't know when the new TP will be out, but within the next year from what I've been told.

Why you ask?  The Navy & Air Force have fineally realized that they deploy their sailers & airmen upon occasion and they were missing skill sets that are vital to their health and well being.  Therefore they are highjacking the content of the SQ (formerly Army only) as a mechanism to deliver what their pers need to know.

Hopefully everything won't become watered down in the process.

Cpl Elric Frenchie said:
Da_man learn something for your life experience, it's not because u have 8.10 or 20 years of experience in a domain that u cannot learn something new. everybody learn everyday.

Secondo the army change stuff around all the time, u will learn that later in ur carrer if u stay enough long.

My bad, i read to fast and taught it was 9 months   :-\

aesop081 said:
Whats your point ? Based on your profile you are a private with 0 experience......

Hey! i have 1 year in   :p .  

Back